Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ricky Hatton had fought Amir Khan in 2010, who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ricky Hatton had fought Amir Khan in 2010, who would have won?

In May 2009 Ricky got Plankquiao'd, losing his IBO, Lineal and RING Super Lightweight titles, retiring soon thereafter. Two months later in June 2009, Amir Khan won the WBA Super Lightweight title off of Andreas Kotelnik. What if, while Khan defended his title against Dmitriy Salita in late '09, Ricky had a tuneup fight, before facing Khan in a UK megafight in early 2010?

It would have been:

Ricky Hatton, 46-2 (33 KO), 31 years old, vs. Amir Khan, 23-1 (16 KO), 23 years old.

Let's assume Ricky was fully motivated and with a trainer who fit his style of fighting. Who wins?
    Ricky Hatton via Decision
    4.17%
    Ricky Hatton via Stoppage
    41.67%
    Draw
    0.00%
    Amir Khan via Decision
    33.33%
    Amir Khan via Stoppage
    20.83%
    No Contest/Other
    0.00%

Khan outboxes him,Hatton lunges to much and suffocates his work on the inside

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame
      At some point Khan is going to see that infamous red mist & Hatton would have stopped him via body shot with a partisan crowd going mental. Khan would be winning on all the judges scorecards before the stoppage.
      I could see this. Although, have to remember Amir had had no big fight experience up to this point. I could also see Ricky jumping on him early and overwhelming Amir with relentless pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
        In May 2009 Ricky got Plankquiao'd, losing his IBO, Lineal and RING Super Lightweight titles, retiring soon thereafter. Two months later in June 2009, Amir Khan won the WBA Super Lightweight title off of Andreas Kotelnik. What if, while Khan defended his title against Dmitriy Salita in late '09, Ricky had a tuneup fight, before facing Khan in a UK megafight in early 2010?

It would have been:

Ricky Hatton, 46-2 (33 KO), 31 years old, vs. Amir Khan, 23-1 (16 KO), 23 years old.

Let's assume Ricky was fully motivated and with a trainer who fit his style of fighting. Who wins?
        Khan gets undone by clever fighters, full stop. Virgil Hunter has gone to great lengths to work to fix Khan's mistakes, but he's still prone to lose focus and get caught with changeups.

Ricky Hatton, from what I remember, didn't do all that much that was too clever; he put steady pressure on you, was active and dynamic when he got to the inside, and had no quit in him.

Khan gets to firing off his combinations, Hatton tries to keep the pressure on, Khan keeps on his speed, and likely gets to a unanimous decision pretty easily.

Comment

Khan wins a lot of hypothetical matches, until he steps in the ring and gets dropped from left to right. I mean I know if Khan-DSG never happened, and their careers were as is right now, and you ask who wins, i'm sure Khan would be the favorite, and people would say DSG is too slow and that Khan outboxes him. But unfortunately for Khan that is not a fantasy fight, it happened and he was knocked out. He dam near lost to an aging, past it Julio Diaz on the cards in his own home soil with British judges.

It's easy to say Khan beats Hatton after seeing what Mayweather and Pacquiao did to him, but sorry, Khan is not Mayweather or Pacquiao. I don't know what would've happened in that fight, but knowing Khan and how he fails in the fights he's most favored in, I give that past it Hatton a good chance seeing how DSG, Diaz, Peterson and Algieri held their own against Khan (and DSG more than held his own).

Comment

You gotta be ****ting me lol. Khan has been Kod in every weight class he has fought in. Hatton beat his ass and knock him out.

Khan is so overrated.

Comment

Khan takes a decision.

2010 hatton would be past his prime and khan was really peaking at 140.

It would be an entertaining bout, but less competitive than khan-Maidana.

Hatton never had one punch power, nor did he have great counterpunching to exploit khan’s sloppiness

Comment

I voted Khan wins by KO. Hatton was about finished in 2010 and Khan was much better in 2110 than he is now. Khan was on a good roll back then with some very good wins in or near 2110.

Comment

maidana didnt stop khan, though he wobbled him, so good chance khan outboxes a faded hatton

Comment

Some crazy bastard voted Ricky by decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X