Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Floyd in ATG p4p list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
    Make the case. It will be hilarious.

Floyd is getting the respect he deserves though. He's an ATG inside the top 30 which is an incredible achievement considering the rich history of the sport which you clearly don't understand. Floyd only lacks a win over a prime great to make a realistic case for him being in the top tier. You're a huge Floyd fanboy with poor knowledge on boxing history so obviously you think he deserves to be placed higher. You believe in the TBE bull**** you've been fed by TMT. You're just another shamelessly brainwashed flo mo who contaminates threads with deluded rants.

I've even read Duran fans admit if Duran didn't have that win over prime Leonard above his natural weight (arguably the greatest single win in boxing history) Then he would not be a top 10 all time great. He'd be up near 20 instead. Prime wins matter when ranking on greatness. Floyd doesn't have one. End of.

No credible historian will have Floyd in the top ten. EVER. He does not belong there. You're having to create a fantasy world where the likes of Hatton and Corrales are ATG's to elevate your boy's resume. It's embarrassing.
    I also named JMM, Cotto, and Castillo and I stand by them as ATGs.

But that is moot since we know that beating other prime ATGs is not the only way you yourself become an ATG...it isn't even how you become top tier since that is full of guys who never did that.

But, because it is Floyd we have to invent this new yardstick, one which doesn't even hold up to much scrutiny in any case.

Good luck with that, tho...

I don't have to do anything to elevate Floyd's legacy.

It's already up there and will only improve as time goes on.

Comment

• Originally posted by W1LL View Post
      Yes I know. The whole Charley Burley thing. He is placed in some Top 5 lists based solely off a few old articles. God knows who's payroll the writers were on, or what their motivations were. But just like that Burley is a past great. You get people describing his style and ringcraft who've never actually seen him. Madness.
      I've never seen Charley Burley placed in the top 5. He's around 25 usually. And by the way there's footage of Charley Burley that's why people can describe his style and ring craft.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        It still isn't goint to stop Floyd from winding up in the Top 10 a decade from now.

Cheers!

LOL!
        Oh so now we gotta wait ten years for Floyd to hit top 10 ATG? I thought the thread meant, as of right now.

I'm curious to know what could possibly happen in ten years that would jump Floyd up from top 30.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            You're consistent. Props to you.
            i'm consistent with how i rank guys based on who they beat, and when they beat them...

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
              Oh so now we gotta wait ten years for Floyd to hit top 10 ATG? I thought the thread meant, as of right now.

I'm curious to know what could possibly happen in ten years that would jump Floyd up from top 30.
              I think time will treat him a lot better than some folks do now.

And, there is that question of his wins against HOFers, which will increase yearly.

The flaw in your thinking is that you are using a yardstick that even some current top 10 ATG names do not live up to.

For example, what prime elite ATG did Joe Louis fight?

If we can't find another elite heavyweight in his prime that Louis fought and beat does that mean Louis is not top 10?

Look, think what you like.

I really don't give a shyt.

Comment

But that is moot since we know that beating other prime ATGs is not the only way you yourself become an ATG...it isn't even how you become top tier since that is full of guys who never did that.

But, because it is Floyd we have to invent this new yardstick, one which doesn't even hold up to much scrutiny in any case.

Good luck with that, tho...

I don't have to do anything to elevate Floyd's legacy.

It's already up there and will only improve as time goes on.
                Stand by it all you want you obviously have zero shame. JMM wasn't prime. Oscar wasn't prime. Old Cotto is not an ATG and neither is Castillo.

The top tier is generally the top 15. All the selected will have wins over prime greats if you're looking at credible lists. We'll Unless you're idea of a credible list is watching a youtube video ATG list which was compiled by a kid who has Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson, Joe Calzaghe and Prince Naseem Hamed on it lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  i'm consistent with how i rank guys based on who they beat, and when they beat them...
                  Agree with you there. Obviously, we differ on how we rank quality of win as I have Mayweather in my top 20, probably 15, but no shame in being top 30 either.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
                    Stand by it all you want you obviously have zero shame. JMM wasn't prime. Oscar wasn't prime. Old Cotto is not an ATG and neither is Castillo.

The top tier is generally the top 15. All the selected will have wins over prime greats if you're looking at credible lists. We'll Unless you're idea of a credible list is watching a youtube video ATG list which was compiled by a kid who has Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson, Joe Calzaghe and Prince Naseem Hamed on it lol.
                    No.

And still weak.

As I just told your buddy dj, your yardstick is flawed.

Let's pick another guy in the undisputed top 10 all-time.

What in his prime guy did Dempsey beat?

(Remember, they can't be guys coming up in weight, or guys that are too green, or over the hill)

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Agree with you there. Obviously, we differ on how we rank quality of win as I have Mayweather in my top 20, probably 15, but no shame in being top 30 either.
                      much respect....

Comment

Working...
                      X