No announcement yet.

Floyd - Chino 1 was a draw at the very least

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    Okay but let me try one rephrase before I drop it.

My point was hindsight and bias. As a Floyd fan it is easy for me to just say " I seen Floyd whoop that ass and here's why" BUT really all I'm doing is talking about my own biases. That fight can go which ever depending on what you're looking for. I may be a Floyd fan but if Rocco and Wilder in my avy and sig don't tell you I'm a power puncher fan more than anything and I ain't so high on Floyd I wouldn't like to see him get walloped, that's a hell of a skilled puncher who wallops Money.

So, yeah, live, I leaned Money. Rewatch I was feeling like I was more wanting to see a Money win then seen a money win. I was understanding the Chino fans point of view and thinking well **** maybe. Then the rematch happened and Floyd made his case clearly.

The first fight can be scored for one or the other based of things like posture. The second fight can't, to me the second affirms the first. I seen Floyd whoops that ass, Chino fans made a good argument to me about how Chino whooped that ass, then I definitely seen Floyd whoop that ass and knew them chino fans was wrong the whole time.

It wasn't until the rematch that I was sure I believe Floyd won the first one. I kept that door open until Floyd made his case.
    They were 2 separate events, 2 separate fights. It's like saying the brawl in Montreal was close but you thought Ray Leonard won it, and the rematch he dominated confirmed what you thought happened in the first fight, even though Duran deservedly won it...it doesn't make sense.

Floyd won the rematch because he applied what he learned in the first fight in the rematch.

From Maidana's side, just because your successful once, it doesn't guarantee you'll be successful again.

The logical thing to do is judge both fights on their own merit...simple.

Comment

...so it was a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Been saying this.

I've watched the Castillo right a couple times since it aired, and don't see how anyone can have a problem with Floyd getting the W. Those rounds were close. I score it for Floyd when I watch it.

Maidana I, however... man. I scored that fight giving the rounds I viewed as close in my eyes to Floyd and I still had it for Maidana. Maidana won that fight.

Everyone's got an opinion, though.
        I never realised what an imprint Maidana put on the first half of the fight, you have to be looking to give Floyd rounds to score any of those first 6 for him. Too much laying on the ropes, and he was out landed, plain and simple. 4 and 6 you can make a case for Floyd, 6 is a swing round, but he got beat up for most of that first half.

If your talking about, heart and determination, a winning mentality, things he doesn't normally have to show so much of, then it was a really impressive performance from Floyd, he dug himself out of a hole...I'm just not at all convinced he did enough to win. Despite some of the stupid comments here, I have no agenda...I'm looking at the fight objectively. My pre-fight prediction was that Floyd would win easy, and send Maidana to the hospital for facial damage. He proved many people wrong and for me deserved a draw at least.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          No ****ing Way, I can see 7-5 Floyd, but your scoring is way off!
          I don't even remember my scoring. I just think it was 9-3 or 8-4. And I see plenty of unofficial cards listed that had it in that range too so idk wut you are talking about.

I always thought the first Castillo fight was more controversial, a fight which I thought was a draw
          100% agree with you here. I had that fight a draw myself.

No doubt Floyd is a bad mofo, one of the best to do it...that doesn't make any of the above untrue...its not a undermining exercise.
          I was saying Floyd was a bad mfer on the context of people making threads that were relevant years ago in present time so often with him. There is no other boxer alive or dead who warrants random ass old topics to pop up like Floyd does. And thats cuz mfers are constantly wanting to put some sort of L on his unmarked record to diminish him in some small way.

Comment

Floyd paid Maidana 1.5 million$ so that he would agree to wear pillows instead of the gloves that he wore every other fight in his career. That's an embarrassing fact, and puts a big dent in Floyd's image and legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by marco55 View Post
              Floyd paid Maidana 1.5 million$ so that he would agree to wear pillows instead of the gloves that he wore every other fight in his career. That's an embarrassing fact, and puts a big dent in Floyd's image and legacy.
              Wow I forgot about that.
              Floyd truly is a ducking dodger cherry picker. Can’t be TBE like that, no sir no way.

I think he did the same with PAC.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                Mehm Floyd is a guy who only fought when he had all advantages to him covered.
                What’s Maidana’s best win? think it through.

Comment

Working...
                X