No announcement yet.

I need an excuse for a boss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] I need an excuse for a boss

There's a boss that works Tuesday through Saturday mornings. Total idiot, never liked him...

I work evenings so I avoid him. When I work OT, I choose Saturday NIGHT, Sunday, and Monday morning, with the bosses I get along with.

Simple enough. Then, a new boss comes, and he's in charge of the OT. He hasn't figured it out yet, that I'm avoiding the idiot on Tuesday through Saturday morning !

He's wondering why I keep turning down those days...nobody likes that day boss, so he's having trouble finding people to cover his shift.

It's not my problem! But this other boss, who runs the OT...I'm getting a vibe that he's taking personal, that I keep turning down those days.

I'm not gonna help that idiot out, by covering his shift! Maybe he gets the message and transfers out!

If I come straight out and tell him that I'm avoiding those days because I cant stand that boss, that would create new problems, as I would come under fire for having a bias.

I need a good excuse, as to why I'm not available for OT on those days, so the OT boss will get the freak off my case about avoiding those days !

He's kinda clueless, and I actually believe he doesnt know I'm punishing that day boss...I don't know how, I only work a certain bosses days, and avoid ALL of the other ones...and just thinks I'm being a choosy prick!

The best course of action is a full proof excuse! Got any?
    Last edited by SHO_RULEZ; 05-12-2019, 04:09 PM.

You have joint custody of your child and look after them on those days while your ex has work.

Comment

You're having gender reassignment surgery in a couple years & you got trans support group meetings on those days.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
        There's a boss that works Tuesday through Saturday mornings. Total idiot, never liked him...

I work evenings so I avoid him. When I work OT, I choose Saturday NIGHT, Sunday, and Monday morning, with the bosses I get along with.

Simple enough. Then, a new boss comes, and he's in charge of the OT. He hasn't figured it out yet, that I'm avoiding the idiot on Tuesday through Saturday morning !

He's wondering why I keep turning down those days...nobody likes that day boss, so he's having trouble finding people to cover his shift.

It's not my problem! But this other boss, who runs the OT...I'm getting a vibe that he's taking personal, that I keep turning down those days.

I'm not gonna help that idiot out, by covering his shift! Maybe he gets the message and transfers out!

If I come straight out and tell him that I'm avoiding those days because I cant stand that boss, that would create new problems, as I would come under fire for having a bias.

I need a good excuse, as to why I'm not available for OT on those days, so the OT boss will get the freak off my case about avoiding those days !

He's kinda clueless, and I actually believe he doesnt know I'm punishing that day boss...I don't know how, I only work a certain bosses days, and avoid ALL of the other ones...and just thinks I'm being a choosy prick!

The best course of action is a full proof excuse! Got any?
        Easy..

You have "other commitments"

Thats it. No need to explain your self.

Comment

And to make you feel more confident i used to be a manager at a large national corporation. We used to have regular meetings.

Some people couldnt make them because they had other commitments.

One chick would not sacrifice mid week gym for meetings. Training her fine ass booty.

So yeh... other commitments.

If the nosey son of a bytch asks just say , i cant do those days and you are not obligated to give a reason since its over time and not your contracted hours.

You could say "im unavailable those days" and leave it at that. No make believe excuse required.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
            Easy..

You have "other commitments"

Thats it. No need to explain your self.
            This right here! ^^^^^^

People over think things brother, and Fthings up by trying to over explain them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              This right here! ^^^^^^

People over think things brother, and Fthings up by trying to over explain them.
              No doubt. Its a simple answer.

Over time is usually not mandatory.

If the other boss doesnt like it, well tough.

Its a no brainer really

Comment

They're the only days your fiance has off so you need that time.

Comment

You got BBCd and can't make it those shifts/days

Comment

Tell him you are training on those days for your upcoming title fight. That's what most of us on here do on our days off right?

Comment

Working...
                    X