Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: D. Garcia & Porter aren't elite. Mean Machine & Besputin are next for Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    ...his resume is decent and borderline good, but it will never be great.

He fought any and everyone at LW and JWW. Like other boxers hes suffered from fighting at a particularly weak time for his divisions.

TC has never ducked anyone and I like him to best Errol should Errol ever accept the fight.

Danny and Porter (or Thurman) have no shot. None. I would like to see all those fights though, but TC wins them all. Matter of fact all three fights are a wide UD or late stoppage.

Spence fight depends on if Errol goes into survival mode or not. Otherwise an 8-4ish UD or late stoppage
    If he beats thurman, garcia, porter and spence. Then he’ll have his mark in history. Let’s not give imaginary credit just because he’d likely beat them.

If he wants to be great he should at least push harder to make those fights.

I believe he deserves to be.

Comment

Arum is a promoter. It's his job to lie.

Porter and Garcia are #4 and #6 according to boxrec. Is that elite? Open to interpretation.

But Besputin and Kavaliauskas are #19 and #13. Clearly Garcia and Porter are far more proven and have accomplished far more.

Comment

Porter and Thurman got the best resume at 147 , But Arum also willing to let Besputin and Kavaliauskas fight on Showting to bring back one of them belts

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41033486-4

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          Arum is a promoter. It's his job to lie.

Porter and Garcia are #4 and #6 according to boxrec. Is that elite? Open to interpretation.

But Besputin and Kavaliauskas are #19 and #13. Clearly Garcia and Porter are far more proven and have accomplished far more.
          He is talking about his personal opinion. If Al isn't willing to risk his blue chip vs Arum's own blue chip fighter then he will just make in house and keep all the money to himself. I'm sure you understand this.
          Last edited by Mister Wolf; 10-14-2018, 02:02 AM.

Comment

I *uckin knew it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
              He is talking about his personal opinion. If Al isn't willing to risk his blue chip vs Arum's own blue chip fighter then he will just make in house and keep all the money to himself. I'm sure you understand this.
              He's a promoter. His job is to lie, not to tell us his honest personal opinion.

Haymon has far more reason to make Spence vs Crawford than Arum does. Haymon has a fiduciary duty to Spence to do what is best for Spence. Arum is a promoter. He has no obligation to do what is best for Crawford. Arum's job is to look out for himself.

Comment

He's a promoter. His job is to lie, not to tell us his honest personal opinion.

Haymon has far more reason to make Spence vs Crawford than Arum does. Haymon has a fiduciary duty to Spence to do what is best for Spence. Arum is a promoter. He has no obligation to do what is best for Crawford. Arum's job is to look out for himself.
                If Al has far more reason to make the Spence/Crawford fight then I don't want to hear about Danny or Shawn. Tell Al to make it happen and start negotiating. You guys are saying Arum is lying about his willingness to make the fight so prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                  If Al has far more reason to make the Spence/Crawford fight then I don't want to hear about Danny or Shawn.
                  When did Al mention Danny or Shawn?

Tell Al to make it happen and start negotiating.
                  If Bob wants it, he'll call Al. if he doesn't want it, he won't. Al allowed one of his A-sides, Danny Jacobs, to go fight a mandatory fight on HBO. Al allowed one of his A-sides, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, to go fight a big PPV fight for HBO.

When was the last time Arum let one of his A-sides go take a big fight outside of a Top Rank card?

Makes absolutely no business sense for Bob to match Crawford with a top PBC welter. So he won't. Bob knows what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post

Danny and Porter (or Thurman) have no shot. None. I would like to see all those fights though, but TC wins them all. Matter of fact all three fights are a wide UD or late stoppage.

Spence fight depends on if Errol goes into survival mode or not. Otherwise an 8-4ish UD or late stoppage
                    Ha, Ha, Ha...this guy is on drugs. Jose was going life and death with Terrence, even hurt him in the 4th round with a body shot before fatigue and his bad knee began his downfall.

I say this to say that Jose is not on Porter, Garcia, Thurman and Spence level so for you to say that he will wide UD or stop any of those guys is laughable.

Those guys are all younger than Crawford and they will actually, oh I don't know, fight back.

Comment

When did Al mention Danny or Shawn?

If Bob wants it, he'll call Al. if he doesn't want it, he won't. Al allowed one of his A-sides, Danny Jacobs, to go fight a mandatory fight on HBO. Al allowed one of his A-sides, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, to go fight a big PPV fight for HBO.

When was the last time Arum let one of his A-sides go take a big fight outside of a Top Rank card?

Makes absolutely no business sense for Bob to match Crawford with a top PBC welter. So he won't. Bob knows what he's doing.
                      Arum wont allow Crawford on another network that's his best fighter. Will have to be a joint PPV like Tyson/Lewis or Pac/Mayweather. Showtime probably wouldn't want that though.

Comment

Working...
                      X