Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fight would be bigger: Loma vs Garcia or Crawford vs Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of the four I think Lomachenko is the biggest name with the most marketable personality whereas Garcia would probably rank fourth in that list. Crawford-Spence would probably be deemed a more competitive fight too. It would be close so maybe a slight edge to the Welterweight fight.

Comment

None of them have a big enough fan base to validate a PPV fight, not even Mikey.

Match-up wise, Loma-Garcia is the best fight to make right now since they have all the belts or are in the process of getting all the belts and have beaten the top guys at 135, ex. Easter and Linares.

Spence hasn't even fought Thurman and we're talking about a Crawford, a former lightweight. Pass.
      Last edited by HandsofIron; 10-03-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Of the four I think Lomachenko is the biggest name with the most marketable personality whereas Garcia would probably rank fourth in that list. Crawford-Spence would probably be deemed a more competitive fight too. It would be close so maybe a slight edge to the Welterweight fight.
        what? Mikey just drew over 12k in LA and Spence drew over 12k in Texas. against nobodies. Crawford is a massive draw in Nebraska and sells out. Loma drew 10k in the main arena at MSG (which means the arena was half empty) so his next fight against Pedrazza is in the 5,000 seat Hulu theater at MSG and that is with a PR fighter as the opponent.

Comment

Lomo vs mikey due to the mexican fan base and they can make the fight on cinco de mayo or independence day. The mexican boxing shows will hype this fight up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            what? Mikey just drew over 12k in LA and Spence drew over 12k in Texas. against nobodies. Crawford is a massive draw in Nebraska and sells out. Loma drew 10k in the main arena at MSG (which means the arena was half empty) so his next fight against Pedrazza is in the 5,000 seat Hulu theater at MSG and that is with a PR fighter as the opponent.
            "Biggest name". I think Lomachenko is more famous and he gets more people tuning into his fights than they do.

Regarding the tickets sold well those were essentially hometown fights and obviously MSG/NYC has much higher ticket prices than Texas and even the Mikey fight wasn't that expensive. I think Lomachenko fights probably generated more eyeballs and more money hence why he's probably a bigger name in the US and certainly globally.

Comment

I think it's a tie with both fights being very big and important. You would have the two best welterweights in the world who are both high up on all the top 10 pfp lists fighting each other. You would have the two best lightweights in the world who are both high up on all the top 10 pfp lists fighting each other. I think it's a tie with both fights being great fights and very important fights. Maybe Spence vs Crawford would make more money for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                "Biggest name". I think Lomachenko is more famous and he gets more people tuning into his fights than they do.

Regarding the tickets sold well those were essentially hometown fights and obviously MSG/NYC has much higher ticket prices than Texas and even the Mikey fight wasn't that expensive. I think Lomachenko fights probably generated more eyeballs and more money hence why he's probably a bigger name in the US and certainly globally.
                I just gave you the seats sold. It is hard to argue Loma is a bigger fighter when he isn't a consistent arena fighter yet.

Prove what you think with some substantiated data like I did. Please post ticket prices before making a blanket statement. Don't just speculate in a way that supports your argument.

All his fights have been in the US except Pirypinyo and that was on the Manny/algieiri undercard. How then is he a big global draw? If Loma was such a big name globally, he wouldn't have to settle for a 5k seat arena in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I think it's a tie with both fights being very big and important. You would have the two best welterweights in the world who are both high up on all the top 10 pfp lists fighting each other. You would have the two best lightweights in the world who are both high up on all the top 10 pfp lists fighting each other. I think it's a tie with both fights being great fights and very important fights. Maybe Spence vs Crawford would make more money for everybody.
                  This is a solid post.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                    Spence hasn't even fought Thurman and we're talking about a Crawford, a former lightweight. Pass.
                    Duran, Whitaker, Delahoya, Mayweather, Pacquiao were all former lightweights. What's your point?

Comment

Mikey Garcia vs. Lipsnitse rematch will be bigger than both

Comment

Working...
                      X