No announcement yet.

is this cartoon racist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    You'd probably feel differently if it was a cartoon of Black people trying to appease a crying White caricature. Especially if there was no precedent in the other direction.

Anyway I think the author expected this reaction and wanted this attention. So I say let them enjoy their 15 minutes.
    Ur grasping for illegal straws....

Sorry im not like yall liberals looking and reaching for every angle of racism

If people actually starts to pay attention, there are more racism towards white than to any race nowadays

But guess what yall just gonna ignore that coz yall more focus on yall selfishness

U should be complaining on how racist serena fans was towards the young asian/haitian upcomer but wait shes not dark enough for u to support

Racist foker

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      The lips make it bad. Resembles old racist cartoons .
      Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      No because they've made identical cartoons of White tennis players getting upset about a loss.

Also the fact that they changed the half-Haitian/half-Japanese opponent to White was clearly not motivated by race.

....right?

Anyway obvious race baiting aside they should still print it
      I think it is a combination of these 2 right here.

If you didn't draw her with big lips and hadn't made the opponent a white woman, then it wouldn't have gotten the response it did.

Comment

her lips are half the size of her face. she is black. how is that not racist? i mean, do you live under a rock?

Comment

Do people even know what the word racist means anymore? Do people even understand that cartoon depictions of people are meant to be over the top? Can you make the case it was in bad taste, maybe, but again cartoons like this are meant to be over the top otherwise what is the point.

Comment

im surprised no one here notice the pacifier on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post

If people actually starts to pay attention, there are more racism towards white than to any race nowadays

But guess what yall just gonna ignore that coz yall more focus on yall selfishness

U should be complaining on how racist serena fans was towards the young asian/haitian upcomer but wait shes not dark enough for u to support

Racist foker
              What is the cliff's notes of all this incomprehensible gibberish?

The point is this - I'm not offended by the cartoon nor think anything bad should happen to the author nor think it should be censored or anything like that.

But I'm also not going to pretend the author didn't make deliberate artistic decisions in order to inflame a racially motivated reaction. I'm not that blind.

I'm also acutely aware of the fact that if it were drawn with the races swapped, the lounge would have turned it into a 30 page thread on how victimized White people are.

It is what it is.
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-12-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post

Racist foker
                That last paragraph is completely false... Why do you feel the need to lie to try and support your weirdo agenda?

Serena acted a fool. That is a fact. Serena fans were mad and trashing the chair ump....

Not once has anyone blamed the other player. Not once! For what? Playing a great game? News flash, she is an up and coming star. She has fans all over the world. For good reason, she is a very good young player!

Provide your opinion, but stop trying so hard.

Comment

Not to mention DLH, for anyone who watches tennis matches, those call most likely did not change the out come.

Serena was on the way to a loss. Regardless of the calls.

Comment

Serena is depicted just fine. The only racist thing that I can see is that there is not one black person in the audience. Wtf? ……...Rockin'

Comment

Yea her lips are slightly large and it's a bit over the top but that's exactly what caricatures are. The fact osaka is a white women with blond hair is different and doesn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X