Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-30-2018, 07:26 AM #21
BoxingScene Icon

Quoted: 4606 Post(s)
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,061.68
Total Points: 51,213.78
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Funny you say the 168 Super Six was "hardly murderer's row" when at the time it was considered that.

I'd imagine in 10 years time they will say the same thing about this Crusierweight one.
IronDanHamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-30-2018, 07:29 AM #22
Boxing

Quoted: 18657 Post(s)
Robbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 73,243.31
Total Points: 79,825.89
Good poster - Have a drink - arraamis Keep owning these trolls! - JK1700 Great point, man - Tony Trick-Pony 

Usyk was a big favourite and struggled. His fans try to spin it as a great victory.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

98% of people in the Pick Em picked Usyk to win.

Both Usyk and Loma also had 6 pro fights in the WSB. They were paid and fought under pro rules. Not counting them is absurd.

Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 01-30-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Robbie Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:12 PM #23
LOL @ Ali-Holmes

Quoted: 5423 Post(s)
soul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,056.40
Total Points: 28,633.87
Sandiest vagina on Boxing Scene - Pigeons Knows his boxing - jas one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. kick this dbag - -Weltschmerz- your natural diet consists of this - Sergey Kovalev 
No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Bronze Bomber man that red k cut deep...here's the tissue I wiped my tears with - Mike D 
lol - Mr McDowell soul_survivor loves BBC - Shaolin Sword Top Rated Poster - ironmt BOOOOOOOOMB SQUUUAAAAAAAAAAD - Deontay Wilder 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Sergey Kovalev 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
You can do the research. Even among highly experienced amateur boxers, Lomachenko's accomplishments in the pros in just 10 bouts is unique and unprecedented.

There have been many other amateurs with 300+ bouts who needed far more time before stepping up to the highest level of competition in their weight division than Lomachenko did. Golovkin being one example. I'll try and find examples of a few more boxers.
Like I said, the one's I mentioned didn't have close to 300 fights or as many amateur tournaments as Lomachenko.

GGG may be the closest to him but you have to remember, he started boxing in Kazakhstan, with a less powerful promoter and no major networks backing him. It obviously would take time for him to build up as a pro.

Loma was brought in as boxing's golden boy, however, like I said, it doesn't negate from his achievements, but to claim "There have been many other amateurs with 300+ bouts who needed far more time before stepping up to the highest level of competition" is not accurate.

I'm open to being told about such amateurs turned pro though.
soul_survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:30 PM #24
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 16171 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,061.68
Total Points: 75,728.05
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaShow View Post
What usyk and lomachenko have done is unheard of. In 13 fights usyk has breidis and glowacki on his cv whilst Lomachenko has Russell,rigondeaux , Walters on his record. If usyk wins the tournament then he's a top 5 p4p fighter at the very least (when you consider ward was top 3 minimum for winning the 168 tournament which lets face it was hardly murderers row). In fact theres a case to be made that hes not far from there already, whilst Lomachenko is p4p number 1 in even less fights.Although these fighters attract a lot of hate and are detested by many, I think they have been great for the sport, no ****ing around waiting for almost 40 fights before choosing to challenge themselves. Let's hope this paves the way for other fighters to choose the 'fast track'route and risk a loss rather than play it safe and protect the '0' at all cost. This could be an exciting new era in boxing...
When you turn pro at 25 and 26 after very long amateur careers, you obviously are not going to spend much time in the developmental stage like the guys that turn pro between the ages of 17-22.

Truly great fighters-for example Floyd and Roy-accomplish so much more before the ages of 25/26. At 24, Roy had defeated Bernard Hopkins. Floyd was the lineal champ in 2 divisions by age 25.

While both Loma and Usyk are tremendous fighters. I think its fair to say some accomplishments are not such a big deal when you turn pro at such a relatively old age with so much experience.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, eastern, european, revolution

User Tag List