No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn was involved in the Golden Boy/DAZN deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Then re-read the post, Joshua going over to fight in america would have been on PPV, it doesn't matter who he fights. Now that his promoter has DAZN he doesn't need to be on PPV. If DAZN wasn't active Joshua would probably be on showtime PPV for Miller or Wilder.
    Lol, no it wouldn't. He wasn't fighting Miller on PPV in America. Is that a joke? Only guy he was going to fight on PPV in America would be Wilder, that's it. Now, if he beat Wilder and started fighting annually in the states, then in the future he could have had more US PPVs. But no way in hell was a fight against Miller going to land on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Lol, no it wouldn't. He wasn't fighting Miller on PPV in America. Is that a joke? Only guy he was going to fight on PPV in America would be Wilder, that's it. Now, if he beat Wilder and started fighting annually in the states, then in the future he could have had more US PPVs. But no way in hell was a fight against Miller going to land on PPV.
      That we would never know, am sure showtime are greedy and they would have put anyone of his fights in america on PPV irrepective of his opponent. But we would never know, he is now with DAZN and that is better for boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        He dealt with Eric Gomez, and based off the Fielding negotiations the DAZN negotiations started. Did you watch the video?
        I'm sure he did. Why wouldn't he? He was almost for sure looking to do a deal where Canelo was under Matchroom USA cuz I believe he was saying that early on. And Canelo's deal with GBP was up or about to be up cuz you'll notice the day after the DAZN deal Canelo signed an extension with GBP. But yea sure Hearn probably played middleman once Gomez/Oscar said they weren't looking to be a underling to Matchroom.

Maybe he has, but ultimately he wants DAZN to be a success and if it is, him and his fighters become successful too, Canelo speeds that process up significantly. Whether there is a direct financial gain is not that important in the big picture, because he is taking little financial risk himself.
        Why wouldn't it be important? I mean anyone with a brain here gots to figure the odds are Hearn has some upside with DAZN that Canelo helps him with. Hearn wants DAZN to be successful as long as he's with DAZN just like any other promoter would. He's not on some altrustic sh^t here ffs.

Hearn isn't running DAZN or is some exec. with DAZN or w/e some of you guys think. I suspect it might even be a violation of the MAA to be a platform exec & a promoter. And since Hearn is playing ball in the US now that matters. I think Hearn would be too smart to fall into such a lame trap like that just like I believe Haymon would be to as he was often accused of sh^t like that & still is by some dummies.

You don't think potential opponents weren't discussed seriously? Not sure what planet you're on. One of the first concerns for Canelo would have been, if we can't get GGG over, who else can we fight? Naturally potentially having 2 of the other belt holders on DAZN would have been a caveat, they are both with Matchroom. Hearn and Gomez have been discussing Jacobs since GGG, it's in the interview.
        Briefly maybe. I doubt specifics got talked about at all cuz that sh^t is uncool at that point. And I was more thinking Eddie probably joked about Jacobs or Andrade being lined up soon if anything.

But I doubt serious talks went on about it cuz you don't gotta speak on whats already known. And with Jacobs & Andrade maybe having belts soon they are in play & everyone sitting at that table surely knew that so 11 fights means those fights are happening if people keep winning. I mean I think people are confused about the guy with the money with sh^t like this. DAZN is getting veto power so all these dummies who think Canelo can fight James Kirkland-like mfers 10 times after this Fielding fight are being silly.

So opponents aren't really important like people think. When Canelo signed with DAZN everyone knows who the potential guys are. Jacobs & Andrade are in that discussion if they win belts this month. Anyone with a belt at 160 is on the list. Anyone in the indie top ten is on the list. Anyone ranked in the top 15 of any belt Canelo holds is on the list. The list of suitable opponents for Canelo isn't a long one at any given time.

You don't think they would lean on Hearns for the negotiations, an experienced boxing promoter with a knowledge of the numbers? Im 100% sure they did, they didn't pull that £365 million out of their asses, and as smart as the DAZN guys are they won't have anyone there with an understanding of boxing financials as Eddie does. Thats one of the reasons they brought him in, they needed someone like Hearn once they decided to venture into boxing.
        I'm confident a company thats operating in 7 countries & dabbles in 15 or so sports can handle making a deal & negotiations. I'm sure they get advice from a wide range of people. Perhaps even Eddie since Eddie likely has an upside with DAZN getting subscribers.

Your making it into something more than it is, it's not about ego, the discussion about dates would have been about scheduling and getting everyone on the same page.
        How am I making it about ego??? I thought I was making it about money cuz I believe it is about money. And Canelo is the biggest guy on DAZN now & things will fall down around him just like they did at HBO.

And again idek what you are talking about with the same page. These guys didn't figure out the schedule for the next 5 years. They probably just got some random public calendar both can see on some DAZN employee page that Eddie has filled up with his confirmed dates & possible future dates & for the earliest part of GBP's DAZN run they will likely have to piggyback onto Matchroom's UK shows vs competing directly with Matchroom's US shows if there would otherwise be overlap.

Although tbh I'm not even entirely sure about that cuz ultimately if 2 shows are on the same time you can watch one live & watch the other that you aren't as hyped about later. I think the schedule might not be THAT much of a thing in the first place.

And randomly I still say DAZN should allow for a multiple screen viewing page so you can watch multiple things at the same time if you wish to & 2 shows on at the same time would be less of an issue then as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          "WBC WBA IBF" is not an idiot or a troll - he is a cynical spin doctor who has boasted about being paid to "tell fans the truth about boxing"
          Actually I believe he's THREE idiots or THREE trolls or so he alleges. Supposedly they all share the account. LOL.

Comment

That we would never know, am sure showtime are greedy and they would have put anyone of his fights in america on PPV irrepective of his opponent. But we would never know, he is now with DAZN and that is better for boxing fans.
            Do you know how many PPVs SHO has had this year? Do you know how many non-Mayweather PPVs they have had since 2015?

Like I said, Joshua fighting on SHO or DAZN is essentially the same monthly fee for fans. The move to DAZN didn't change that. Only way it changes it is if he fights Wilder and the fight is on DAZN instead of SHO PPV.

Comment

Good for Eddie, he's doing good things for the sport!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Do you know how many PPVs SHO has had this year? Do you know how many non-Mayweather PPVs they have had since 2015?

Like I said, Joshua fighting on SHO or DAZN is essentially the same monthly fee for fans. The move to DAZN didn't change that. Only way it changes it is if he fights Wilder and the fight is on DAZN instead of SHO PPV.
                Thats exactly why they would put him on PPV.

Comment

Why is it so important for British fans, to know whether or not Eddie Hearn was involved in these negotiations between DAZN and Golden Boy Promotions? Eddie Hearn needs to worry about his own Matchroom Boxing USA deal with the DAZN.

He has a specific quota to meet which is separate from the Canelo Alvarez and Golden Boy Boy promotions deal. If he doesn't come up with enough subscribers on his end of DAZN deal then in two years his contract is terminated.

If Canelo was signed to Matchroom Boxing USA then yes I can understand all the frenzy and excitement on the part of Eddie Hearn's British fans. However, this is not Eddie Hearn's. He still has a lot of work to do in order to meet his 32 dates per year. He needs to sign more fighters on his own and not to DAZN.

Comment

Thats exactly why they would put him on PPV.
                    No, they wouldn't put him on PPV because they haven't put on any non-Floyd PPVs since 2015 (will change December 1). You said because SHO is so greedy, they would put Joshua/Milelr on PPV....But if they were so greedy, wouldn't they put more than one Non-Floyd PPV in three years? Bad argument is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      You don't say the same thing when Shelley Finkel tells blatent lies, as in this interview
                      You're clearly misunderstanding what Finkel said. "That was then and we were doing that because we believed we could get that fight" was his response to why they accepted terms they're no longer willing to accept, but the "we never accepted" was in reference to Eddie admitting the date would be in April. It's two different things. They accepted the terms, but didn't accept the contract because it didn't reflect the terms they accepted.

Comment

Working...
                      X