Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't female boxing at the same popularity as female MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    this isn't true. don king, bob arum, goldenboy, even haymon have all tried their hand in women's boxing. it just doesn't sell. i
    On televised portion of a big PPV undercard, best fighting the best, like UFC does?

Never seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      On televised portion of a big PPV undercard, best fighting the best, like UFC does?

Never seen that.

layla ali fought joe frazier's daughter on ppv, christy martin was on ppv and showtime, it's been tried in several eras by several promoters. i just told you that . they make very little on the top end compared to the men, and they make absolutely nothing on the bottom end. your time is better spent promoting men, particularly in a combat sport.

go do the research, what you've seen really dones't matter, does it?

Comment

I can't watch women's boxing, it just doesn't do it for me.
        I do like the women in MMA though, they put on a good show.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          layla ali fought joe frazier's daughter on ppv, christy martin was on ppv and showtime, it's been tried in several eras by several promoters. i just told you that . they make very little on the top end compared to the men, and they make absolutely nothing on the bottom end. your time is better spent promoting men, particularly in a combat sport.

go do the research, what you've seen really dones't matter, does it?
          You're not answering my question.

Best male boxers fighting the best male boxers, and have top female boxers on the undercard? (hence: "Like in UFC")

Not standalone PPV cards with the "biggest" female boxers headlining.

I'm talking about promoting the top female boxers by putting them on the undercard of big PPV cards headlined by men, like UFC did to promote their best female fighters at first.

Comment

If 10% of the population is gay, then 5% of boxing fans are gay (50% if going off of NSB). MMA is about 70% phaggots, so anything LGBT or female is right up their alley.

A man who is physically active and trains boxing or MMA for instance would know that Ronda Rousey has zero chance against Mayweather, and yet MMA hom0s had to see her outclassed by a female with not one hundredth of the boxing credentials as Floyd to see the light.

Bottom line is that MMA fans are g4y and submissive and dream of being submitted by a stronger female or a man

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
              I can't watch women's boxing, it just doesn't do it for me.
              I do like the women in MMA though, they put on a good show.
              Who doesnt like woman rolling around on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                You're not answering my question.

Best male boxers fighting the best male boxers, and have top female boxers on the undercard? (hence: "Like in UFC")

Not standalone PPV cards with the "biggest" female boxers headlining.

I'm talking about promoting the top female boxers by putting them on the undercard of big PPV cards headlined by men, like UFC did to promote their best female fighters at first.

claressa shields in her debut. i was at this fight. it wasn't on the hbo feed but it was on the international feed, which gets a lot of views and is called by bob sheridan.

women have been on plenty of undercads on premium cable and ppv, i have given you one example, i invite you to look into it on your own. just boxrec laila ali to start and go from there. christy martin was on don king undercards in las vegas and on TV. you just don't know what you're talking about. women's boxing has caught lightning in a bottle a handful of times and that is it. it just doesn't sell. people would rather gamble at the tables than pay to watch women fight.

https://youtu.be/CySv0W3rKIQ
                this is not on the hbo feed [it could ahve been, i didn't have a need to buy it was i wasn't there, i know htey showed highlights, and FFS it was a debuting fighter!] but it's the international feed and she's certainly being "promoted."

Comment

Takes too much strength and power to really be able to punch through boxing gloves. Women just cant cut it, ut mma the hands are lighter and they can use harder bones than hands to deal some real damage, plus submissions. Plus sexier attire.
                  Last edited by SplitSecond; 01-16-2019, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I've watched Katie Taylor a few times, I like her, but usually that's the time on the card I'll go do something else if i need too.

Hearn is trying with her though. He's had her on the Canelo/Feilding card. Chisora/Whyte card, Bellew/Haye, Joshua cards, Linares, Andrade, Broner cards.
                    She'll have guys like Joshua and McGregor visiting her changing rooms pre/post fight too.

Last edited by Chrismart; 01-17-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

There's less KO's in women's boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X