Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Interested in Fighting Callum Smith At Wembley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Canelo makes the Smith fight he would have the biggest balls in boxing.

Mad respect, and if he won it would be legendary. He would be giving up size, reach, height... Roberto Duran stuff right there.

He's already beat the top JrMWs when he was campaigning there, he just beat the top MW, and beating the top SMW would be of epic proportions. And even if he lost, you would have to give him mad respects.

I actually think he has some kind of chance to pull off the victory if he can keep the fight in the inside, but obviously Smith is a big strong SMW so he would likely have to be the favorite and could likely hurt Canelo.

Make this fight!!

Comment

If this is true then it would be an epic challenge.

Moving up to 168 to fight massive Callum Smith...at Wembley???

Are you fuking serious???

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        He better not get ahead of himself. Callum Smith is a pretty good fighter and he's a lot bigger and taller than Canelo. It would be a high stakes fight and a fight that sparks a lot of interest but Canelo is probably too small for SMW, like Jones Jr was at HW. Grab a belt and go back down.
        Canelo is serious about legacy.

Fuk it, make the fight baby! Take that risk Canelo.

Comment

Good fight for Canelo. I don't like the legacy and risk taking talk though. When it's pretty much guaranteed you win if it makes it to the cards, it's not so much a risk as it normally would be for other fighters. Either way, props if it indeed happens.

Comment

Idk about this one man...Callum Smith looked world class vs George Groves, he KO'd Fielding in 1 and he is way bigger than Canelo. Without a rehydration clause I think Callum can win this one with fair scoring.

Comment

The kicker is it would only be at Caneloweight and not the full 168lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by UNBIASED BOXING View Post
                No chance. Callum is even bigger than Rocky and get this, he's not a bum.

He's too big and strong for Canelo. He's different from Rocky, he can actually stand in front of Canelo and trade.
                Yeah about that..

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
                  Yeah about that..
                  Pretty sure my tone on Smith changed.

I admitted it as much after he got a robbery win against a b-level fighter like Ryder. The Groves win was a fluke against a fighter past his best days.

Comment

Imagine if you get Joshua-Fury II with Canelo-Saunders on the same card at Wembley. We can dream haha

Comment

Working...
                    X