Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sick to death of hearing gamboa was a good win for Crawford...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Lol... I could give someone credit if they had a good argument but you went down the stupidest road and made a comparison to Brook who went up two weight classes for the first time.
    Gamboa was the FAVORITE.
    ... the bookies had him as the underdog, actually...

Comment

It wasn't a great win, but it was a better win than Lomachenko over Rigondeaux

Comment

When’s the last time someone made a thread about Crawford beating Gamboa?

Damn dude you really hate him. Sick to death lmao. Nobody even talks about that fight. More fake outrage from you get a grip

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          Who is even mentioning Gamboa and Crawford?
          Exactly. Op does nothing but cry about tc. But says “vanes isn’t a bad fight for golovkin”

Guys one of the biggest morons here

Comment

I was gonna ask this. As if it's a hot topic people just can't get enough of talking about

Nobody even bringing it up but the TS and we know why

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
              He was half his damn size. Other fighters get crucified for fighting smaller fighters but gamboa with his t rex arms is apparently a great win? Is his resume that thin that youve got to hype that win up? At least brook and golovkin looked a fairly similar size when they were in the ring.
              Good points bro. I definitely agree and on top of that. Gamboa for me has had one of the most unfulfilled skill to potential ratio careers of any cuban in the last 50 years. He could have been a force.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                When’s the last time someone made a thread about Crawford beating Gamboa?

Damn dude you really hate him. Sick to death lmao. Nobody even talks about that fight. More fake outrage from you get a grip
                Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                I was gonna ask this. As if it's a hot topic people just can't get enough of talking about

Nobody even bringing it up but the TS and we know why
                i got told today that usyk has no good wins to be ranked top 5 p4p and when i asked the other poster who crawford had beat for them to rank him number 1, they listed gamboa. ive been told many times that its a good win too.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                  Exactly. Op does nothing but cry about tc. But says “vanes isn’t a bad fight for golovkin”

Guys one of the biggest morons here
                  shut your piehole.

Comment

Gamboa was indeed undersized but he was #1 at 126, #1 at 130 and he was coming off a good win against Perez at 135 and was ranked #2 in the lightweight division so it's also not a bad win.

It was also Crawford's first title defense and first elite level opponent so a step-up in level and the odds reflected that but he overcome some adversity, an experienced foe and dominated.

It's a good win. I think Crawford's achievements, dominance and obvious ability are why he is rated so highly more than individual wins. You can only beat whats in front of you and he's cleaned out two divisions (including winning all 4 belts in one) in dominant fashion and is obviously talented. Pound for pound is "if all were equal sized who's the best", not "who has the better wins", that's how fighters are rated once their careers are over. It's hard to punish Crawford because Usyk's cruiserweight division was more talented than Crawford's 140 division.

I understand there's a lot of hypocrisy and double standard though and a lot of it is people going off things that aren't just about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                      He was half his damn size. Other fighters get crucified for fighting smaller fighters but gamboa with his t rex arms is apparently a great win? Is his resume that thin that youve got to hype that win up? At least brook and golovkin looked a fairly similar size when they were in the ring.
                      This just came out of nowhere. Uggh, you still upset that posters criticize the GGG/Brook fight.

Why does it bother you that beating a ww isn't seen as a big deal?

Comment

Working...
                      X