No announcement yet.

That was a hell of a dive by Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a hell of a dive by Matthysse

What a farce. All of the sudden Lucas turns into Malignaggi overnight and is throwing nothing but jabs and is pulling his power shots?

I guess I should've seen it coming. That fight was a farce and Lucas was probably paid to go down and stay down in the 7th round. I'm not even sure that final uppercut even landed and he's taking knees before that? All of the sudden Pac has this tremendous power @ 147 when he hasn't had a KO in NINE years? Laughable.

I just watched it and it sure looked like a dive to me, at least he could've continued for sure.

Comment

They say that about Loma fights also.
      When you have no answers you give up.

Comment

He got his 2.5 mill that's all he cared about. When that money runs out he will be fighting again.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
          I just watched it and it sure looked like a dive to me, at least he could've continued for sure.
          The right hook Manny threw at the end of round 5 with nine seconds left didn't even land. Just like the punches right before that didn't land. Manny throws three jabs in a row that don't land and he throws another right hook that doesn't land and Lucas takes a knee. If you don't believe this fight was staged, then you obviously DKSAB. The only explanation for the knee is if Lucas was affected by the right hook that Pac did land at the 13 second mark of round five but he didn't appeared bothered by it at all when it landed. Which is why I think the knee was b.s. To me this was a clearly staged fight. The fact that Lucas got paid so well is disgusting to me but hey, that's boxing.

Comment

Matthysse was hurt from the first knock down. He was scared for the rest of the fight. After he took a knee you knew it was only a matter of time before he quit. The last knock down he pretty much gave up.

I don't think he took a dive but he certainly didn't make the trip to try and win. That was a Manny Pacquiao showcase and the fans didn't show up to see him lose.

Comment

Everything a dive with you guys unless its a brutal KO.

So many posters were saying Teiram took a dive against Matthyse.

Now Matthyse took a dive again Manny.

If its all a conspiracy why watch?

Tim Bradley said he was going to quit in the commentary a few rounds before it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                He got his 2.5 mill that's all he cared about. When that money runs out he will be fighting again.

This is definitely compatible with taking a dive!

Comment

I think he quit.

Comment

that second knockdown from the right hand would have knocked out anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X