No announcement yet.

Bottom 10 Heavyweight Champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    --- Sultan, Valuev, and Chagaev were sound boxers who also have size over most champs worth Valuev the King of size.

Ring did an interview with the great Cuban trainer, Diaz I think is the name who trained all the great Cuban heavies said Chagaev was the strongest fighter he ever worked with.

Former LH contender john scully was in Germany when he first saw Valuev whose size and speed were breathtaking.

We got folks here still fightin the Cold War.
    "I believe Climate Change won the Cold War"-Judah Friedlander.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      Six ounce gloves under the old rules and practices. We choose not to follow our usual practice of abiding by the rules and customs of the oldest participants, for that would mean going all the way back to the bare knuckle era.

1 John L. Sullivan
      2 Seirhei Liakovich
      3 Oleg Masakaev
      4 Ruslan Chagaev
      5 Nicolai Valuev
      6 Maual Charr
      7 Charles Martin
      8 Lucas Browne
      9 Bermane Stiverne
      10 Sultan Ibrigamov

One thing is immediately apparent: the contemporary era has sunk so low that the old standbys such as Carnera, Sharkey, Johansson, Ruiz et al can no longer even make the list of worst heavyweight champions.

A second thing is immediately apparent. A great deal of the mediocrity stems from Russia or its former sattelites. These reds have kept some true medioctrities off the list all right.

Who can really say who is the worst of this pack of bums? Just put the names in a jar and shake them up well. We give the worst position to Sullivan only because he would be the most out of his element due to the time period. He was more of a fighter than any of these bums, as far as that goes. The other bums would run from him and peck at him.
      Why isn't Haye on that list?

Comment

I musta forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          I musta forgot.
          You are kinda old.....

Comment

I would call this list the Sloppy Party Bottom 10 of heavyweight champions. For lineal, that would be Buster Douglas, as he completely fell apart after winning the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              I would call this list the Sloppy Party Bottom 10 of heavyweight champions. For lineal, that would be Buster Douglas, as he completely fell apart after winning the title.
              He's better than roid boy Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                And retired by the king, Lou Savarese

Comment

Only one fighter from that list was ever worlds hwt champion. Sullivan. The rest are all contenders lucky to live in an era where a contender can be called a hwt champion.

Comment

Bottom ten hwt champions? In no specific order:

Rahman
                    Leon Spinks
                    Moore
                    Briggs
                    Mike Spinks
                    Fury
                    Carnera
                    Braddock
                    Sharkey
                    Willard

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                      Bottom ten hwt champions? In no specific order:

Rahman
                      Leon Spinks
                      Moore
                      Briggs
                      Mike Spinks
                      Fury
                      Carnera
                      Braddock
                      Sharkey
                      Willard

Whaddya got, Burns and Hart beating Fury, Mike Spinks and Rahman?

Now I can see Fitz possibly sinking his arm like a harpoon into Fury's gut and withdrawing it a winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X