No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia doesnt do any strength training just sparring & running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is one perspective.

"Always seek to improve" is another, opposing mindset.

If Mikey favors the first mindset, it is likely that he will not change his training until he loses a fight.
    Different way of looking at it, agreed. Let’s so this

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
      If it ain't broke, why try to fix it?
      Because--In boxing, and in other sports--as in life--one is not only competing against other people, one is also competing against oneself, and one's own potential.

Imagine two boxers, both of whom are undefeated champions:

Boxer A takes the position "My training program has lead me to winning all of my fights, so I am not going to change anything." As a consequence, he stagnates, his competitors eventually figure him out, catch up to him, and he is beaten.

Boxer B takes the position "My training program has lead me to winning all of my fights--but I have still made plenty of mistakes in those fights, and I still have areas in which I can improve. Let me figure out how I can modify what I do to get even better results in the future."

As a consequence his training program, diet, supplementation program, and much else gradually and incrementally changes over time, leading to him widening the gap between himself and his competitors. As a consequence, he reigns for a long, long time and retires undefeated.

"We learn, when we learn, only from experience, and then we only learn from our mistakes. Our successes only serve to reinforce our superstitions."
      --Arthur Jones (Nautilus and MedX CEO)--

Comment

Last time I checked Mikey is undefeated!

Comment

I could tell that he doesn't, you just look at his body.

Comment

Spence is going to make it obvious that Mikey doesn't do any strength training

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
              Yep, i am a big Mikey fan but he better get some diffrent conditioning in when he faces Spence.

Comment

Im 5'9 and could barely lift my own body weight...But I was known for my punching power. All i did was hella push ups Heavybag and shadow boxing.

Everybody body is diffrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  Facts....Spence gonna walk through Garcia..I think it better look into SnC lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    I could tell that he doesn't, you just look at his body.
                    Boxers dont need a bodybuilder build anyway. The key to fighting is being fluid, not stiff.

Comment

Strength and conditioning can be beneficial for some fighters, for others it just helps their physical appearance, no more no less. The problem I see with strength and conditioning training is that it leaves you spent and you can't really go at a 100% in sparring or in boxing training.

The more you train the more time your muscles and your mind needs to recover, if you don't have stamina issues you shouldn't pay too much attention to strength training IN training camp. You can do that BEFORE camp to keep the heart muscle and lungs healthy and to keep the hormones and fat levels in the right zones. Sit ups, reverse situps for lower back and occasionally pullups should be done all the time though, you need a strong core for body shots. all in moderation of course.
                      Last edited by Dip_Slide; 08-20-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X