No announcement yet.

How is Crawford ahead of Usyk P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Kind of surprised GGG and Canelo are above Usyk in your estimation.

this guy has dominated an entire division and is undisputed champ. Neither of those guys have done that in any division.
    ehh, 3 through 5 are interchangeable but the best two boxers are clearly Lomachenko and Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      You know me, no agenda here. And here's my top 5

1. Vasall Lomachenko
      2. Terrance Crawford
      3. Oleksandr Usyk
      4. Naoya Inoye
      5. Gennedy Golovkin

Usyk didn't look himself against Huck for a big, and it was a hell of a close fight against Breidis, but that doesn't mean he isn't top 3. Styles make fights.
      I like Usyk at #3. Lomachenko and Crawford are #1-2 in no order.

Briedis was the same guy who stopped a decent heavyweight, after all. Pretty impressive giving up 25+ lbs of weight for a temporary heavyweight fight.

But I would have to put Naoya around #8-10. #4 for me is probably either Mikey Garcia or Rungvisai.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
        I never much understood why anyone would give much credence to the Ring p4p listings considering their bias.

For me Usyk is ahead of Lomachenko, behind Crawford I find acceptable. GGG and Clenelo I would not list in the top five.
        Golovkin at least fights at his own weight. Crawford is only now getting close to doing that. When you are grading on a scale of effectiveness plotted against weight, should that not also be factored in? If we had day of the fight weigh ins, what weight would Crawford be?

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          ehh, 3 through 5 are interchangeable but the best two boxers are clearly Lomachenko and Crawford
          Yes agree but I'd put Usyk up there.

They make up my top 3.

I also think these three are some of the best boxers I've ever seen at their weights. That's just my opinion.

Comment

I can’t see how it’s contestable that Crawford, Usyk and Loma make up the top three. They’re absolutely nailed on I’d personally have them in that order, but then I can see a debate for Loma being number one after all p4p is about the here and now and Crawford’s last win was against a dude roundly accepted as having lost to Manny Pedman and some of Bud’s other victories we’re going back close to 3 and a half to 4 years now they don’t mean anything in the pound for pound stakes, Loma and Usyk look absolutely phenomenal right now.

For me he showed Briedis too much respect and Gassiev none, the Briedis fight was a learning curve just as his others were try not to forget how many fights Usyk has only had.

His conditioning is surreal also the guy is like a jet engine.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
              I like Usyk at #3. Lomachenko and Crawford are #1-2 in no order.

Briedis was the same guy who stopped a decent heavyweight, after all. Pretty impressive giving up 25+ lbs of weight for a temporary heavyweight fight.

But I would have to put Naoya around #8-10. #4 for me is probably either Mikey Garcia or Rungvisai.
              Don't sleep on the monster. I've been propping him up for over a year now. He'll win the WSBB.

Then again, i was blasted for saying he'd dominate Jamie Mcdonnell
              Last edited by _Rexy_; 07-28-2018, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Usyk’s win last night adds another name to the top p4p list imo. You can make a case for Crawford, usyk or Loma being #1.
                I think all 3 need a really defining against another p4p fighter to cement their place as #1, Like Ward did v Kovalev. Loma v Rigo was too much of a size mismatch to take seriously

I suppose if GGG had gotten the decision most felt he deserved v Canelo, he would have a case for #1 because it'd have been a defining win. In that sense, i have no problem with people considering him too but officially it says draw.

I think #1 is still up for grabs, not that it really means anything, it's a mythical thing but for me, Ward is the last fighter to really cement his position until he retired.

Comment

First and foremost, whose Usyk? Second, anyone who really knows boxing knows the smaller fighters have way more talent cause they don’t have the weight to hurt/KO so easily. Look at heavyweights. The biggest “no talent required” division.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    Don't sleep on the monster. I've been propping him up for over a year now. He'll win the WSBB.

Then again, i was blasted for saying he'd dominate Jamie Mcdonnell
                    Oh no, I'm not sleeping on him. At this point all I want to see is one really great victory over a highly rated fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                      Oh no, I'm not sleeping on him. At this point all I want to see is one really great victory over a highly rated fighter.
                      Burnett or Tete should do it then lol

Comment

Working...
                      X