Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurd accused of weight bully but not Munguia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munguia only had two fights in the public eye, before then no one even knew what he looked like apart from his dad. Wait for another 2/3 wins against talented fighters and he too would be called a weight bully like Hurd.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
      PAC is also a weight bully, so?
      So is Crawford and Spence

Comment

The term "weight bully" is stupid. If you can make the weight with no ill effects then who gives a ****?

Comment

I think weight bully is one of the stupidest sayings in the world. If a boxer follows today's rules and weighs in at or under the class limit who has he cheated? Who has he bullied? NOBODY. If a boxer is too big for a weight class he will weaken himself by weighing in so light. Do either Hurd or Munguia seem weak in the ring? They are strong as bulls. If their opponent is too small for them let that opponent drop down to welterweight. I don't like the current weight making rules at all. I liked the same day weigh in and fight rules much better. But those are today's rules. Blame the rules if you want but don't blame the boxers who follow the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
            yes Manny was twice as big as delahoya
            yep, PAC weigh in @ 142 lbs for 147 lbs. fights.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              Munguia gonna end his career at LHW. Same as Hurd.

They are both 6'1'' long giants for 154.

Hurd gets criticized for it but Munguia gets nothing but praise. It's not all about skill when you outsize your opponents like that.
              Munguia was 180 pounds on fight night

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                I've seen both guys get called weight bullies just like they called Jermall a weight bully at 154 and Canelo and Chavez Jr weight bullies. Happens all the time
                Canelo IS a weight bully. The logic most use is "you're not a bully if you can make the weight"

Canelo couldn't so he used his popularity to create his own weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Mequetrefe View Post
                  He looks a little mongoloid to me, the way he was eating them right hands is not normal. It's like he didnt feel pain. Poor is the soul who gets in there with this guy when he gets better.
                  He looks like tong po is he really mexican?

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                    There's no such thing as a weight bully. You can either make weight or you can't.
                    I agree with this...

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                      There's no such thing as a weight bully. You can either make weight or you can't.
                      Agreed........

Comment

Working...
                      X