Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ramirez-Imam Tripleheader Averaged Only 488K Viewers for ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ramirez-Imam Tripleheader Averaged Only 488K Viewers for ESPN

Overpowering competition from "March Madness" put a significant dent in ratings for ESPN's boxing tripleheader Saturday night. An average of 488,000 viewers watched the telecast headlined by junior welterweights Jose Ramirez and Amir Imam, according to ratings revealed Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Big mistake going against NCAA tournament. ESPN and TR should have known better.

If you disregard the stunts (e.g., Pacquiao) and artificially inflated numbers from big lead-ins (Valdez vs. Quigg, which had a lead-in of 4M viewers, which fall rapidly and continuously throughout the show), ratings for Top Rank are bad and getting worse.

2/3/18 Ramirez vs. Ahmed: 0.7 HH rating, 744K viewers
    2/16/18 Beltran vs. Moses: 0.6 HH rating, 704K viewers
    3/17/18 Ramirez vs. Imam: 0.4 HH rating, 488K viewers

Ramirez vs. Imam did a 0.09 rating in 18-49. That is abysmal.
    Getting outrated by collegiate wrestling is embarrassing.
    488K viewers is horrendous for basic cable. HBO and SHO regularly exceed that and they're in only 25-30% of the homes that ESPN is in.

Next up for TR/ESPN: Jesse Hart on 4/28. Ratings gold.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-20-2018, 11:40 AM.

Ouch. That is pretty bad. I was at the event though. It was fun as hell from what I remember.

Comment

Too bad, the fans missed out on a good fight.

Comment

That’s what happens when mic conlan is the main event

Comment

I enjoyed the card myself, even watched Conlan. This shouldn't be unexpected given the weak marketing and promotion TR and ESPN gave this fight.

I would like to see the marketing/promotion be more consistent. I understand why they give more marketing to Loma or Crawford because they have a much higher profile.

The last 2 weeks were really great fights that ESPN would be better off if they used a little less of the budget for big names and more for these type fights.

Looks like ESPN is going for the "star driven" model rather than the push quality fights model. I guess that is the nature of the game today.

Comment

Unfortunately it was a good fight that should’ve been showcased.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Ramirez-Imam Tripleheader Averaged Only 488K Viewers for ESPN

Overpowering competition from "March Madness" put a significant dent in ratings for ESPN's boxing tripleheader Saturday night. An average of 488,000 viewers watched the telecast headlined by junior welterweights Jose Ramirez and Amir Imam, according to ratings revealed Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research.
              [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Thats expected. Neither of them is a headliner. This fight should have been an undercard to a bigger fight.

Comment

Why the hell did it go against basketball?

Comment

Terrible numbers. The fight, on paper, wasn't that bad (although Imam was a 6-1 underdog). But the reality is that fans will only watch name fighters or competitive fights.

If Arum thinks he can put on lesser known fighters on ESPN and think they're going to keep showcasing his fights, he can think again.

Comment

Working...
                    X