Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao circa 2009. Would the same outcome had resulted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs Pacquiao circa 2009. Would the same outcome had resulted?

So I've been thinking about this for awhile. On one hand I see Pacquiao being MUCH more aggressive as he was younger and hungrier and would apply pressure on Mayweather, but on the other hand, Pacquiao doesn't really have the size to beat Mayweather. The size difference was evident in their fight.

How would it have played out?

Pacquiao "injured" his arm against Oscar in 2008. Therefore a "one armed" Pacquiao isnt enough to beat Floyd in 2015 nor 2009.

/thread

Comment

Pacquiao "injured" his arm against Oscar in 2008. Therefore a "one armed" Pacquiao isnt enough to beat Floyd in 2015 nor 2009.

/thread

Comment

it's all same i think...mayweather is bigger and faster on backfoot lol

Comment

pac destroyed floyd with ease that's why floyd make excuses after excuses to duck pac.

Comment

Pac definitely lost speed from 2009 to 2015 so he would have had a better shot at winning in 2009.

Comment

Same damn result..

Comment

Same results,
                Possibly worse for Pac since Floyd would be younger, sharper and more willing to throw harder to punches!

Floyd was done at the top level when they fought, them 2 Maidana fights took a lot out of him at his age!

Comment

Floyd would probably still win but it'd be probably a bit closer, 7 rounds to 5 imo as Pac would be more active and aggressive despite Floyd still outboxing him

Comment

He fights a younger sharper Floyd. Remember, Pacquiao was reckless with even though he was more dangerous. He might have rocked Floyd but he would have ran into so many right hands. Floyd being bigger would clinch him forcing him to constantly reset . I would never count him out but I think it would have looked the same just with more activity from both guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X