Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate to say I told you so but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first instinct was to pick Kov by decision. He was the better boxer in the first fight so it seemed like a reasonable pic.

BUT, I couldn't shake the idea that Kovalev seemed to have stamina issues and is too reliant on his power. I thought there was a very good chance that his stamina would fail him near the end of the fight. Around the 3rd or 4rth round of this fight it appeared like he was getting a bit tired but obviously he wasn't....Maybe he was telling the truth about the first fight, saying that he overtrained....I figured he was just making excuses.

Btw, his skills are well above that of Alvarez, although Alvarez has some pretty good skill himself. Kovalev should stick to boxing and not focus on KO'ing his opponents. He could be a nightmare just using his skills.

Comment

If you actually watch Kovalev before, you should have known that the guys has boxing skills.
      The only way you beat him is punch him to the nuts or let him tire out to the latter rounds.

He conserved energy in this rematch which served him well.

Comment

in all fairness to me an my doubts, kovalev could have taken one of those wild alvarez rights square on the temple and we'd be having a different conversation.

Comment

I’m the farthest thing from a Kov fan

And I’ll admit I thought he was done heading into the rematch

Haven’t watched the fight but the man deserves major props for this win especially since he was KO last fight and dealing with a sh.it load of issues outside of the ring and didn’t let that get to him and got the W

Be interesting to see what he does next stay at ESPN with Beterbiev and the Nail on the network or off to DAZn where Bivol is. Wish all the 175 strap holder were on the same platform though

Comment

Yeah i picked kovalev. Better all round boxer and probably underestimated alvarez first time

Comment

Kovalev on that cykablyaterol 500mg

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                My first instinct was to pick Kov by decision. He was the better boxer in the first fight so it seemed like a reasonable pic.

BUT, I couldn't shake the idea that Kovalev seemed to have stamina issues and is too reliant on his power. I thought there was a very good chance that his stamina would fail him near the end of the fight. Around the 3rd or 4rth round of this fight it appeared like he was getting a bit tired but obviously he wasn't....Maybe he was telling the truth about the first fight, saying that he overtrained....I figured he was just making excuses.

Btw, his skills are well above that of Alvarez, although Alvarez has some pretty good skill himself. Kovalev should stick to boxing and not focus on KO'ing his opponents. He could be a nightmare just using his skills.
                I done the exact same thing.
                I picked Kov by wide decision then started reading everyone's opinion about his stamina etc and so I changed it to Alvarez late ko.

Kov was easily winning the first fight until he got caught and thought he would at least be 100 switched on this time around but the stamina.

God dammit the stamina swayed me over. Oh well.
                Good luck to Kov.
                Good win.

Comment

Working...
                X