Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent examples of 1st world military coups or coups stopped by the armed populace.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Recent examples of 1st world military coups or coups stopped by the armed populace.

Just curious if either of these has actually ever happened.

LOL. Don't mind me I just wanna subscribe to see the responses to this thread & see if this has legit happened before. Or at a minimum the closest thing to this happening.

Comment

The question is a bit redundant because 1st world countries with armed civilians are among the world's most socially stable by definition (USA, Norway, Canada and believe it or not France rank among highest in firearms-per-capita) and the least prone to dictatorial coups. If we had an extensive list of examples then we would have to question how effective of a deterrent an armed/educated middle class truly is.

Although one of those (the US) was essentially founded by an armed civilian revolt and the proliferation of the firearm directly caused the end of feudalism & the French revolution.

If you remove the first-world stipulation then firearms in civilian possession are critical to the current Yemeni resistance and if you include foreign invasion then there are many examples such as Finnish militias augmenting their military (with great success) against Soviet occupation. Then there are hybrid/paramilitary situations such as the breakdown of Yugoslavia where Serbian civilian firearm ownership remains very high after years of mujahadeen/separatist guerilla warfare.

As the US loses its Western legal/cultural identity & is repopulated from less stable regions I don't think civilian firearm ownership will last very long, however there will still be lots in circulation. It will be interesting to see how effective of a deterrent that circulation is against the inevitable onset of third-world bully politics. I don't think we are more than a generation or two away from silly antifa turning into the real deal.
      Last edited by ////; 02-18-2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

this reminds me, I wonder when the show tyrant gonna restart up.

Comment

It's only the rednecks with their rifles that are preventing the coup. **** would go down if those yokels weren't there to defend everyone. All this disarmament talk is obviously a conspiracy so the government (that you all voted in) can take full control, they just can't do it yet cause the jets and the tanks are no match for Cletus and his hunting rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            It's only the rednecks with their rifles that are preventing the coup. **** would go down if those yokels weren't there to defend everyone. All this disarmament talk is obviously a conspiracy so the government (that you all voted in) can take full control, they just can't do it yet cause the jets and the tanks are no match for Cletus and his hunting rifle.
            "Cletus coming to save the country y'all...he's at the piggly picking up some kool aid & tampons for Becky Sue, but hold on tight he's coming"

Comment

Cuba /thread you fuking commie.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                "Cletus coming to save the country y'all...he's at the piggly picking up some kool aid & tampons for Becky Sue, but hold on tight he's coming"

Comment

This is like asking someone to name all the collisions that were avoided with smart driving

Comment

Anyone trying to argue that US civilians could stop the full full force of US military is flat out ******ed. Which is a good enough reason to take their guns.

Comment

Working...
                    X