No announcement yet.

Buster Douglas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buster Douglas

Im rewatching Tyson vs Douglas. I havent watched it in probably 5 years so I loaded it up on you tube. They are going through the prefight ramble in the ring and they list Douglas at 6'4". I dont remember him being that tall. They list Tyson at 5'11" but there is no way Mike is that tall. I figure Mike is about 5'9" so watching the fight I would guess Douglas is 6'2" or so and for some reason I have always thought that was his height.

I know they over bill peoples height because Ive met a few of them that were suppose to be as tall or almost as tall as me and werent close, Tommy Morrison and Francois Botha being the more recognizable ones. Tommy might have been 6' and Botha was under that.

Tyson 5'9??? here is him and Tupac

Tyson and Lennox

Comment

tyson is 5'10 HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        Tyson 5'9??? here is him and Tupac

Tyson and Lennox

Yea, Tupac was another celebrity. They all over bill their height. Maybe not all of them, ill give you an example. Go watch the Morrison vs Ruddock fight. I think Ruddock was probbaly a solid 6'3" that he was billed. Look how much taller than Morrison he was. Morrison was suppose to be 6'2".

Its just something that kind of took me a back. I didnt think Douglas was that tall. Do you really think Tyson is 5'11"?

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
          Yea, Tupac was another celebrity. They all over bill their height. Maybe not all of them, ill give you an example. Go watch the Morrison vs Ruddock fight. I think Ruddock was probbaly a solid 6'3" that he was billed. Look how much taller than Morrison he was. Morrison was suppose to be 6'2".

Its just something that kind of took me a back. I didnt think Douglas was that tall. Do you really think Tyson is 5'11"?
          I dont know man,i remember Tyson calling himself a midget before..

Comment

Im reminded while watching this fight how pissed off I was at Douglas for his performance in the Holyfield fight. Douglas was fukin on against Tyson and I know that wasnt the best version of Tyson but if Douglas would have had the will to be like that his whole careeer he could have been pretty special.

Comment

5'11 Roy 5'10 SRL

Floyd 5'8

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
                5'11 Roy 5'10 SRL

Floyd 5'8
                Well hell, maybe Mike is close to 5'11".

Comment

Hagler 5'9

Comment

Tyson used to have 1" lift in his boxing boots BTW, and has lost some height since his prime. He was at least 5'10 in his prime but I'd say he was 5'11"

A lot of fighters heights are incorrect though. One guy might be measured early in the morning in shoes and read 6'3" and then at night barefoot and get a 6'1" measurement.

Comment

Working...
                    X