Horn/Crawford: Let's not have excuses after the fight please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at Horn being number 1

Comment

Demolition job by Bud incoming. No excuses!

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
        if hes pound for pound number 1 he should do a demolition job on this guy. and whatever happens hes not getting much credit from me cause i dont rate horn one bit.
        That's the thing. With the general feeling about how this fight will play out, Bud can't get any credit for demolishing Horn.

If he hasn't taken out Horn by the 6th round or so, then his might actually lose respect.

It does nothing for his reputation or his legacy. It just gives him a step into a new division. The trinket he picks up at the same time might make negotiating further fights at 147 easier and more profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          I hope and know Crawford is going to smash this guy to pieces and I will love it.
          Crawford is the greatest WW in human history never to fight a WW

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
            Terence will humiliate him and make him look stupid. The Crawford haters will have all kinds of negative things to say about Crawford after he beats the absolute piss out of Horn.
            using your idiotic logic how can any one be impressed with Crawford if there is absolutely no way he can lose and he will kill horn? to me Crawford is a cherry picking POS and he will NEVER fight spence or any othe top WW

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... I don't know why you have Horn ranked as #1 Welterweight...
              I shouldn't have to do this for you.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                using your idiotic logic how can any one be impressed with Crawford if there is absolutely no way he can lose and he will kill horn? to me Crawford is a cherry picking POS and he will NEVER fight spence or any othe top WW
                He didn't cherry pick at 140 obviously, as he cleaned out the division. This is his first fight at 147 and he's fighting a champion at that weight. It's not that Horn is super terrible, Crawford is just a rare talent.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  I shouldn't have to do this for you.

... I know Boxrec ranking, of course... but I was asking you...

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                    Terence will humiliate him and make him look stupid. The Crawford haters will have all kinds of negative things to say about Crawford after he beats the absolute piss out of Horn.
                    Does Crawford even have haters? Ummm... I guess there's GGG above, but since his entire forum presence is based around OTT inflammatory trolling that I think is supposed to be humourous I'm not sure he counts.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      First of all, let's respect the A-Side, which is Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn.

Second, and more importantly, this is #1 Welterweight vs. #1 Jr. Welterweight in the World. Let's respeck where both these guys are at this point in their career. Obviously, The Hornet has the bigger win, but they're both #1. Let's acknowledge this.

If - And I stress, If - Crawford goes on a Mayweather performance against Horn, I don't want to see double standards from some of you:
                      • "what a boxing masterclass!"
                      • "Easy work!"
                      • "Just like I said it would go"

No, do what you always do, and you know who you are:
                      • "All he did was RUN!"
                      • "you can't win a fight with a jab"
                      • "Horn landed the more telling punches"
                      • "Crawford got EXPOSED!"
                      • "Crawford's a bum"
                      • "Who'd Crawford really beat?"

Don't walk it back. If Crawford fights like that, call it "running" just like you did for Floyd, just like you did for Saunders, just like you did for Rigo, etc.

But same for Horn though. If Horn gets the W, I don't want to hear:

• "Crawford got ROBBED!"
                      • "Corrupt ref let Horn get away with MMA tactics"
                      • "Judges were paid off"
                      • "Bob Arum"
                      • "Horn's a dirty MF'n fighter"

Especially since Burt Clements (who gave McGregor 1 round against Floyd and was ultimately responsible for the draw in Pac/Marquez 1) and some completely unknown Australian guy are two of the judges.

Nope...I don't want to hear excuses. I don't want to hear it. Whoever gets the W...whoever gets their hand raised, however they do...give them props as they will become the new face of Boxing.
                      I agree but this is just a pipe dream. This is boxing, excuses will always be a part of this sport. Just a few minutes after the fight is over you'll see so many threads on this site where people will say exactly those type things.

Comment

Working...
                      X