Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 12-13-2019, 08:35 AM #11
Interim Champion

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Dariusz has much to be proud ofDariusz has much to be proud ofDariusz has much to be proud ofDariusz has much to be proud ofDariusz has much to be proud ofDariusz has much to be proud ofDariusz has much to be proud ofDariusz has much to be proud ofDariusz has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,468.21
Total Points: 22,807.60

I remember some researches and their conclusions that are as follows: ON THE AVERAGE (key word !) black race produces physically strongest humans while yellow race physically weakest ones. OTOH, ON THE AVERAGE yellow race produces most intelligent human beings while black race the least intelligent ones. White race is in the middle in both categories.
I don't know if it is racism or not, but if the key word ON THE AVERAGE is being always underlined, it is acceptable.
Same as you would say that ON THE AVERAGE males are more intelligent than females while females are ON THE AVERAGE wiser in life.
Dariusz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:38 AM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2264 Post(s)
Marchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,520.37
Total Points: 98,555.31
Rocky Marciano ATG fighter - Freedom. Thanks for thanking me! - Terry A The Bronze Bomber's year 2020 - Champ Wilder Let's go champ! - HeadBodyBodyBody 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
If i had to guess i'd say American athletes are pumped full of growth hormone on some **** when in highschool.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Yes, they are.
Marchegiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:41 AM #13
Contender

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Bashhh has a reputation beyond reputeBashhh has a reputation beyond reputeBashhh has a reputation beyond reputeBashhh has a reputation beyond reputeBashhh has a reputation beyond reputeBashhh has a reputation beyond reputeBashhh has a reputation beyond reputeBashhh has a reputation beyond reputeBashhh has a reputation beyond reputeBashhh has a reputation beyond reputeBashhh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,646.67
Total Points: 13,276.03

Yes and no. In short. Africa is the most genetically diverse place on the planet despite all of the people sharing the same trait of brown and dark skin they are genetically different, some of the european and african people are more genetically related then their fellow europeans and africans.
Bashhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:04 AM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3761 Post(s)
deathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,688.25
Total Points: 58,978.99
Quality Poster - Dr Rumack consistent quality posting - Beyonce Bomber Funny comment about the Larry account - Nomadic Flamboyant poster - Weltschmerz word life - Santa_ 
Cheers! - BombZquad You are an awesome poster, you rock! - Slick..Slayer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky12 View Post
I know in sprinting there is some truth to racial differences eg research has shown a small percentage of Afro Caribbeans tend to have an advantage albeit slight due to genetic differences. Michael Johnson also done a program on this prior to the London 2012 Olympics and the programme showed there was a mixture of genetic, environmental and even historical factors as to why Jamaicans tend to well in sprinting eg the slave trade produced a stronger concentration of healthier people eg linked to survival of the fittest.

Likewise scientific studies have show certain groups of black people have higher bone density etc linked to their white counterparts.

Then there is the environmental debate as to why black people tend to have a high proportion of participants in certain sports eg as a way out of poverty.Hence boxing was a way out for lot of black people similar to other sports although things are changing.

Personally environment may have a big part to play in it though there maybe other factors as well eg environmental eg think of the nature (genes)/nurture (environment)debate with regards to why we have the personality we do.I think the same theory can be used in this debate as well.Hence whether we like it or not environment does shape us physically. Look at humans and animals for one and how they they adapt to their environment. Hence black peoples skin is dark as a way of protecting them against the sun .Likewise Chinese/Eskimo people have evolved slitty eyes to protect them against the sun.

Be interested to hear other views especially those who have been in the boxing game ?
Jamaicaís success in sprinting lessened at a quick rate once they introduced proper drug testing in for Jamaica. They had less strict testing than anywhere for a few years.

Not saying there isnít substance to what Michael Johnsonís little documentary showed either but itís true that for those few years when Jamaica were dominating, they basically had free reign to be juiced to the gills.

Anyway back on topic, i guess thereís some truth to it. Weíre all genetically different when it comes to race. Black people have dominated things like sprinting, so thereís got to be some genetic difference which i guess has been proven, so thereís no reason why those genetic differences dont play a part in boxing, to a degree...

Boxing is different though, because thereís so much variety in styles and whatnot, so i donít think race plays as big a part as it would in say a straight up sprint. Thatís why boxing is generally spread out when it comes to success. You have brilliant boxers from Asian, European and African descent.

So yeah, iíd say it may play a part in some aspects of a skillset maybe..but thereís so many factors in boxing that even things out.

As for environment/location etc. Well i guess that depends on the country. If you take USA alone, then maybe you get more successful black boxers than white boxers because black people historically have been poorer than white, so boxing was an outlet that plenty of white people may not have needed to do.

But then you could take white people from places in eastern europe or Asianís from some parts of Asia that come from much worse economic conditions than youíre black Americans. So again, in that respect, you canít just say itís down to race. Thatís just environment.

Last edited by deathofaclown; 12-13-2019 at 09:14 AM.
deathofaclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:24 AM #15
Interim Champion

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Ricky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,196.68
Total Points: 18,814.68

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
Genetics play a part, but what I am stating is? The slave trade is not the sole reason as to why there are great African athletes 'It is scientific racism, and is a way to continually Discredit black athletes'. If you look at sports as a whole African athletes have been the pioneers continually, in ways beyond just mere physical performance.

Have you ever been to Africa? Have you seen the terrain? You are aware that African people have been on this earth for a much longer time than white people? The slave trade and white people are not responsible for the production of Great black athletes. The way you are speaking, it is as if white people created black people.

It is a boring subject.
I havent been to Africa but Iam aware we all originated from there.

But selective breeding is fact and yields results.Hence there was a monk Mendel who lived in the 1800s who selectively bred plants according to their specific favourable characteristics.He found consistently if you pair certain plants with similar traits your going to get eventually a high ratio of them plants.Its why in history countries I think it was China bred certain people for athletic prowess based on their genetic predisposition to certain sports to create a higher chance of winning in the Olympics thus bringing greater prestige to their country.

The facts are though Iam speaking from a naturalistic perspective hence nature existed before all of us.

Last edited by Ricky12; 12-13-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Ricky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:51 AM #16
Latin From Manhattan

Quoted: 1288 Post(s)
CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 74,327.56
Total Points: 80,004.95
victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 
how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine 
true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 
Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our " diplomatic ambassador " on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu No Message - stephenmc Cheers, brother! - anthonydavid11 

This discussion is a slippery slope. Lol I recall reading an article many years ago, where they cited studies that black athletes had a higher degree of fast-twitch muscle fibers. I don’t know if this is true or not, but it’s pretty evident that blacks tend to have greater success at anything requiring speed. Speed is, of course, a major component of athleticism. But what of other athletic components, like strength? Those tend to be dominated by whites, and, to a lesser degree, Asians. In the entire history of the World’s Strongest Man competition (since 1977), not a single black athlete has won. Why is that? Do genetic differences explain all this entirely? Maybe. Is there a social/economic factor? Sometimes. But perhaps the most important question is, does any of this really matter? And to that, I say no. In the end, the performance of the individual is what counts.
CubanGuyNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:55 AM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2294 Post(s)
4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,679.85
Total Points: 64,010.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashhh View Post
Yes and no. In short. Africa is the most genetically diverse place on the planet despite all of the people sharing the same trait of brown and dark skin they are genetically different, some of the european and african people are more genetically related then their fellow europeans and africans.
Still, about 65,000 years ago we all of us had a common grandmother, or so they say.

After that, whatever environmental difficulties we had to overcome shaped our evolution. The previous generations out of Africa werenít able to adapt and died out
4truth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:58 AM #18
Interim Champion

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Ricky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond reputeRicky12 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,196.68
Total Points: 18,814.68

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
This discussion is a slippery slope. Lol I recall reading an article many years ago, where they cited studies that black athletes had a higher degree of fast-twitch muscle fibers. I don’t know if this is true or not, but it’s pretty evident that blacks tend to have greater success at anything requiring speed. Speed is, of course, a major component of athleticism. But what of other athletic components, like strength? Those tend to be dominated by whites, and, to a lesser degree, Asians. In the entire history of the World’s Strongest Man competition (since 1977), not a single black athlete has won. Why is that? Do genetic differences explain all this entirely? Maybe. Is there a social/economic factor? Sometimes. But perhaps the most important question is, does any of this really matter? And to that, I say no. In the end, the performance of the individual is what counts.
If you havent seen it already check this trailer out for the film if you have the time eg only 2.5 minutes long.One of my favourite boxing documentary's ever.Having some Hispanic origin myself I could really relate to the film and admired these boxers immensely:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Ricky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:45 AM #19
Latin From Manhattan

Quoted: 1288 Post(s)
CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 74,327.56
Total Points: 80,004.95
victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 
how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine 
true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 
Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our " diplomatic ambassador " on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu No Message - stephenmc Cheers, brother! - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky12 View Post
If you havent seen it already check this trailer out for the film if you have the time eg only 2.5 minutes long.One of my favourite boxing documentary's ever.Having some Hispanic origin myself I could really relate to the film and admired these boxers immensely:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Thanks, man. Iím aware of the film, but Iíve never seen it. Truth be told, Iíve watched so many of these types of documentaries that Iíve lost interest. They all seem to cover too much of the same ground. Beyond that, Iím not a fan of the communist system...to say the least. A sad shame so many people live under that oppressive regime.
CubanGuyNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 12:26 PM #20
05-

Quoted: 1940 Post(s)
BKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,630.32
Total Points: 33,579.81
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy New Year Bro, All the bet for 2016 - Rocky... Happy 10 years - HughJass Elite Counter-Insurgent - //// No Message - King Krusher 

Obviously. Blacks have longer limbs, this is scientifically proven and you can use your eyes to spot this easily. If you can't figure out why that's a genetic advantage in combat sports then that's your problem.
BKM- is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends