Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people idolise muhamad ali so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Humble fighter View Post
    Its like they think he is a god or something
    A mix of the guilt of trashing the "Louisville Lip" for all of those years, Ali finally getting the **** beat out of him by Larry Holmes, and seeing Parkinson's rob his body of all of the vigor that he had in his youth.

You add that the world saw him light the Olympic torch, and folks covered up their hate of Ali as fast as they could

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      i dont know, maybe people dont know enough about him. the way he used to talk to and about joe frazier was disgusting. past the point of trash talk. struck me as a bully in terms of his personlity.
      Let's see ya'll produce a greater fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Humble fighter View Post
        Its like they think he is a god or something
        why do the GGGoons do the same ****? why do the crawford fans do the same?? why do the worthless pac-tards do the same for pac?

stupid fa990ts.

Comment

well maybe because he beat the best his era had to offer. outside the ring he was hated more than mayweather. all this love surrounding him now started when the world saw him with Parkinson's barely talking. the "Louisville lip" was humbled. when ali was prime he was more hated in america than anybody the U.S. was bombing around the world. people idolize him because not many would do what he did. sacrifice prime years off a principle and belief system.

Comment

He played his part in the civil rights movement. Ain't no Vietcong...???.
            Rumble in the jungle. Underdog vs the unbeatable young beast.
            It's the fact that he got his just dues when he started to lose his faculties that gets to me & many others.

Read a biography of his, it's cheap on the app stores or watch a documentary of his on youtube.

Comment

People are afraid to disagree with other people and things snowball into a dumb pseudoreligion

Comment

Because he was the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  i dont know, maybe people dont know enough about him. the way he used to talk to and about joe frazier was disgusting. past the point of trash talk. struck me as a bully in terms of his personlity.
                  He later apologised and tried many times to contact Frazier to say how sorry he was. He even apologised to Marvin (Frazier's son) in person. Frazier was very bitter. When Ali told a reporter who had close contact with Frazier to tell him he's sorry. The reporter said to Ali, "Frazier said you should have apologised in person" so Ali replied, "Next time you see Frazier tell him he's still a gorilla".

Don't forget that Frazier mocked Ali when he had Parkinson's disease. In the reunion show when Holmes, Ali, Frazier and Foreman were backstage Frazier taunted Ali and said, "Look at you now, all your lip and all that speed gone..." and then Foreman had to shield Ali for the whole night because Frazier got drunk and wanted to beat him up.

Comment

His courage outside the ring has a lot to do with it. Picture what Kaepernick did (with the white backlash and everything) but done 1,000 times better and done by a top athlete in his sport. Big name in the Civil Rights movement, big name in the world, big name in the ring, P4P one of the best hw's because let's face it if he was the same size as the current 6'6"-6'9" HW's it would be a slaughter in his favor.

Anyway, mostly just SOME people, who coincidentally do not share the same skin color as Ali are still bitter about him I guess. But I imagine he's loved by every race. Just some people who's admiration of a boxer is race driven, may not like him.

And oh yeah, his charisma was like nothing you see today. A great interviewer, great talker, i'm nowhere close to his time and could tell why he was the face of boxing and could comprehend why he was so important to boxing and to an important era of the USA.

Comment

I was 15 when Cassius Clay beat Sony Liston, I remember clearly the hate that was given to Clay in those early years, he was labeled everything from a big mouth to a chicken that runs, not only did he prove the haters wrong he became a great humanitarian who was larger than boxing, he was to boxing what Elvis was too music, legends like them never die they become immortalized with time.

Comment

Working...
                      X