No announcement yet.

Will you miss Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you miss Maidana?

I just saw this video of Maidana back when he was like 24 years old and saw how unrefined he was, he won fights with power alone and almost no boxing skills. Then he got with Robert Garcia and was improving every single fight even against Mayweather it showed he was still not done improving. If he had stayed fighting I think he could have had a good run to be the top dog at welterweight.

What do you guys think? Oh yeah, and his style was entertaining as hell. Imagine Marcos Maidana vs Danny Garcia on PBC? I think Maidana would have completely wasted poor Robert Guerrero lol

He really messed that guy up at 0:45
    Last edited by Damiens; 01-25-2016, 06:59 PM.

Of course, he would have made for a more exciting WW division but if his heart ain't in it anymore, I can only hope that he enjoys life.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      Of course, he would have made for a more exciting WW division but if his heart ain't in it anymore, I can only hope that he enjoys life.
      I agree, I don't want him to come back and get knocked out and used as a stepping stone for some other rising star. But I will miss what could have been if he hadn't of stopped. The Maidana that fought Floyd would have beaten almost anyone.

Comment

Chino was a G and I think everybody liked em only people who didint like em was cause they fanboys of someone chino was a threat to.

That chino that fought Mayweather destroys everyone at 147 easy work, that same version Knocksouts pacquaio.

But I rather see a boxer retire on top than to get pushed out on the bottom.

whats that saying "quitting while youre ahead is not the same as quitting", yea he went out on a L but went out on top in everything else, height of his fame, biggest payday, and in perfect health.

Comment

Always wanted to see him vs thurman

Comment

Originally posted by Damiens View Post

I just saw this video of Maidana back when he was like 24 years old and saw how unrefined he was, he won fights with power alone and almost no boxing skills. Then he got with Robert Garcia and was improving every single fight even against Mayweather it showed he was still not done improving. If he had stayed fighting I think he could have had a good run to be the top dog at welterweight.

What do you guys think? Oh yeah, and his style was entertaining as hell. Imagine Marcos Maidana vs Danny Garcia on PBC? I think Maidana would have completely wasted poor Robert Guerrero lol

He really messed that guy up at 0:45
            I miss that he isn't around for young guys like Thurman, Brook, or Spence to pound on. Maidana isn't that good. His claim to fame was trashing Broner, and being cherry picked by Floyd twice. Who would have thought Devon Alexander would have a much easier time with Chino than Floyd.

Comment

Hell yes!

Sometimes I was rooting for him and sometimes against, but he always brought it 100% and never coasted once he was up; he'd try to get his man outta' there, which can't be said for everybody.

Can't remember him afraid of risk either,which also can't be said for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                I miss that he isn't around for young guys like Thurman, Brook, or Spence to pound on. Maidana isn't that good. His claim to fame was trashing Broner, and being cherry picked by Floyd twice. Who would have thought Devon Alexander would have a much easier time with Chino than Floyd.
                The Maidana that fought Floyd would destroy Devon lol, what are you talking about? Floyd would pick apart everyone you named lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                  Hell yes!

Sometimes I was rooting for him and sometimes against, but he always brought it 100% and never coasted once he was up; he'd try to get his man outta' there, which can't be said for everybody.

Can't remember him afraid of risk either,which also can't be said for everybody.
                  That's true. I remember I wanted Maidana to beat Ortiz and he did. And I was rooting for Lopez to beat Maidana but he didn't. I think I like Maidana because he made me $500 when I bet he would beat the brakes off of Broner lol

Comment

Whoever says they wouldn't miss seeing him fight should just go ahead and delete their account now.

Comment

Working...
                    X