Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Parker: Hearn Will Negotiate Terms Over Next Few Days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    People bought thinking it might be a good competitive fight, so no matter what you say most people buy to see a fight the better the opponent the more buyers you have, Im saying 20% is to low and I stand by that, I don't know why you guys are so interested in AJ getting everything while the other guy gets peanuts, just make it fair and we have a fight 20% is not fair, a unification fight should be 60/40 if they made it at 65/35 nobody can really complain , 80/20 says they don't want the fight.
    Here is the thing though, when someone becomes as big a star in the UK as Joshua is the bulk of the fans that either go to his fight or buy his PPV know very little about boxing, they are going/watching simply because it is AJ. the opponent is irrelevant. I seriously doubt the bulk of the 75,000 who bought tickets even knew who Pulev was when they brought them. They were buying a ticket to go see an AJ 'event.'

It is only us sad sacks on boxing forums that care about records, common opponents, unification fights etc. The vast bulk of the paying public don't give two ****s about that stuff, they just wanna go and see their guy do his thing. That is why I say when you are looking at purse splits you have to put all the boxing stuff to one side and just concentrate on who produces the revenue and then split accordingly.

Do you seriously believe if AJ fights Parker in a 75,000 seat stadium many of the attendees will have even seen a single Joseph Parker fight or have any clue as to what belt he holds?? they won't, they will be going to see Joshua knock out some dude who they think is from NZ or maybe Australia. That will be the total input of Parker's 'value' in this fight.

And as I keep saying, it is this casual fan that actually makes up the bulk of the revenue for these types of fight, not hardcore boxing fans.

Based on market value Parker deserves probably no more than 5% so I feel like 20% is actually really generous and if it were me I would throw in another 5% for the belt.

Remember years ago when De la Hoya wanted Mosley for the 3rd time but Mosley wanted 50/50 as he had won the previous 2 fights. Oscar didn't budge saying he is the star so he makes more. Shane made principled stand to instead go and fight Winky for a lot less and it could be argued that his career never regained the momentum it had ever again.

same deal IMHO. Take 20-25% which will still be your best payday, shock the world if you think you are good enough and then you are in the drivers seat.

And full disclosure, I am a Parker fan and will be pulling for him hard if they do fight, they just need to be realistic about what they are worth.

Comment

Originally posted by b d w View Post
      Here is the thing though, when someone becomes as big a star in the UK as Joshua is the bulk of the fans that either go to his fight or buy his PPV know very little about boxing, they are going/watching simply because it is AJ. the opponent is irrelevant. I seriously doubt the bulk of the 75,000 who bought tickets even knew who Pulev was when they brought them. They were buying a ticket to go see an AJ 'event.'

It is only us sad sacks on boxing forums that care about records, common opponents, unification fights etc. The vast bulk of the paying public don't give two ****s about that stuff, they just wanna go and see their guy do his thing. That is why I say when you are looking at purse splits you have to put all the boxing stuff to one side and just concentrate on who produces the revenue and then split accordingly.

Do you seriously believe if AJ fights Parker in a 75,000 seat stadium many of the attendees will have even seen a single Joseph Parker fight or have any clue as to what belt he holds?? they won't, they will be going to see Joshua knock out some dude who they think is from NZ or maybe Australia. That will be the total input of Parker's 'value' in this fight.

And as I keep saying, it is this casual fan that actually makes up the bulk of the revenue for these types of fight, not hardcore boxing fans.

Based on market value Parker deserves probably no more than 5% so I feel like 20% is actually really generous and if it were me I would throw in another 5% for the belt.

Remember years ago when De la Hoya wanted Mosley for the 3rd time but Mosley wanted 50/50 as he had won the previous 2 fights. Oscar didn't budge saying he is the star so he makes more. Shane made principled stand to instead go and fight Winky for a lot less and it could be argued that his career never regained the momentum it had ever again.

same deal IMHO. Take 20-25% which will still be your best payday, shock the world if you think you are good enough and then you are in the drivers seat.

And full disclosure, I am a Parker fan and will be pulling for him hard if they do fight, they just need to be realistic about what they are worth.
      I think 70-30 and the deal gets made imo, an extra 10% would probably equate another 2 million which is nothing to be scoffed at.

Do feel like people are getting too caught up in percentages though when it's total purse that's of far more value. a 20% purse against Joshua is probably still the biggest purse Parker has received and will receive fighting any other fighter (unless he beats Joshua of course!).

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tok View Post
        Parker is only there for the payday, the same way Stiverne was last saturday.

Let's face it

Parker's last three wins are 1 UD and 2 MD and the guy went the distance with Takam.
        That's an easy fight for Joshua and Parker would get washed by Wilder
        Yeppers. I have actually been hoping Wilder would get him so both he and Joshua have two belts. Wilder would have Parker down several times before getting a "KO of the year" type ending. Joshua will toy with him, play some target practice as he breaks down Parker's defense, and then snap the dude's head back against his own shoulder blades on the way to less spectacular but no less definitive KO.

The difference? The size of the check Parker will get to cover his medical.

Wilder waits while Parker hands his belt to Joshua.

Comment

Lets see if this stupid talking doofus lowballs either guy. I can't stand his voice, his face and the same goes for Joshua's stiff ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
            I think 70-30 and the deal gets made imo, an extra 10% would probably equate another 2 million which is nothing to be scoffed at.

Do feel like people are getting too caught up in percentages though when it's total purse that's of far more value. a 20% purse against Joshua is probably still the biggest purse Parker has received and will receive fighting any other fighter (unless he beats Joshua of course!).
            I think 70/30 might end up being a sweet spot too and really generous to Parker if that is the case. His promoter David Higgins stood in a press conference yesterday and said while they accept it can’t be 50/50 as Joshua has a bigger fan base in the UK where the fight will obviously take place his opinion is they don’t think they should have to move too far from that. He must be back on the gear 😂😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Dana White Sr View Post
              smh, wilder should be the one fighting parker. what the hell is haymon and dibella doing, they should have jumped all on parker.

They got Breazeale already lined up, might already be signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                They got Breazeale already lined up, might already be signed.
                Feasting on AJ's leftovers

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                  Yeppers. I have actually been hoping Wilder would get him so both he and Joshua have two belts. Wilder would have Parker down several times before getting a "KO of the year" type ending. Joshua will toy with him, play some target practice as he breaks down Parker's defense, and then snap the dude's head back against his own shoulder blades on the way to less spectacular but no less definitive KO.

The difference? The size of the check Parker will get to cover his medical.

Wilder waits while Parker hands his belt to Joshua.
                  How's that work, have you ever actually watched a Parker fight dude has never really been hurt let alone been down, he's fought sterner opposition than Wilder too in the one instance we saw Wilder face a top ten opponent his power eluded him and ceased to stop his opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tok View Post
                    Parker is only there for the payday, the same way Stiverne was last saturday.

Let's face it

Parker's last three wins are 1 UD and 2 MD and the guy went the distance with Takam.
                    That's an easy fight for Joshua and Parker would get washed by Wilder
                    Shut up Bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                      How's that work, have you ever actually watched a Parker fight dude has never really been hurt let alone been down, he's fought sterner opposition than Wilder too in the one instance we saw Wilder face a top ten opponent his power eluded him and ceased to stop his opponent.
                      Of course I have watched Parker fight. He is a solid pro, a good fighter. He also does nothing more than what he has too and Ruiz Jr got through and proved he could be hit. That Ruiz did not have enough power to do any damage ain't the point.

Wilder is sloppy, but has actually looked better in his last two outings. He gets stupid when he has an opponent hurt, flailing and lunging, but he has gotten better at finding holes and waiting for his chance. Joshua is technically sound and also has elite punching power. He is patient and refuses to let an opponent any room to take over. He punched himself out against Klitschko, who showed all time heart in the middle of the fight. Once AJ had his breathing back, he took the fight back and finished him.

Parker has no spectacular about him. Neither Wilder or Joshua are going to be all time greats, but Parker is John Ruiz part two.

Either Wilder or Joshua beats him. Parker is not in their league right now.
                      Last edited by landotter; 11-13-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X