Collapse
No announcement yet.

Education = financial success?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one sized fits all answer to this question, but in my personal experience yes.

I was raised alongside 4 siblings and my dad was a lobby attendant / janitor. And after my parents divorced my mom began working at a local pharmacy stocking shelves until she worked her way up to shift manager.

Given the scholarships I was awarded to attend a relatively low cost state school, I graduated with less than 15k in debt. That was for a BS in Computer Science and a BS in Applied Math / Statistics, which have paid for themselves by now.

Your experience will vary based on the institution, course of study, what kind of work you try to pursue and where etc
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-05-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

the right kind of education (medical, law, sports, financial) pays off. the thing is not to waste too much time ''learning'' when you can be ''earning''

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        No one sized fits all answer to this question, but in my personal experience yes.

I was raised alongside 4 siblings and my dad was a lobby attendant / janitor. And after my parents divorced my mom began working at a local pharmacy stocking shelves until she worked her way up to shift manager.

Given the scholarships I was awarded to attend a relatively low cost state school, I graduated with less than 15k in debt. That was for a BS in Computer Science and a BS in Applied Math / Statistics, which have paid for themselves by now.

Your experience will vary based on the institution, course of study, what kind of work you try to pursue and where etc
        You don’t strike me as a complete loser, which is exclusively what I found when I took part in the CS program at high school and some CS classes in college. Absurd amount of disgustings in those classes.
        Did you go through Calculus all the way up to level 4?

Comment

Cracker ass motha****a

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
            You don’t strike me as a complete loser, which is exclusively what I found when I took part in the CS program at high school and some CS classes in college. Absurd amount of disgustings in those classes.
            Did you go through Calculus all the way up to level 4?
            lol I'd say I'm about average in terms of the nerdiness I encountered in school and in the industry. Although to be fair, pretty much everyone at the high school I went to was a nerd as it was a school you had to take a test to get into. So I may just be de-sensitized to it.

And yeah I did. I got credit for Calc 1 and 2 through the AP BC Calculus exam so I started from Calc 3 my freshman year of college. I held off on Calc 4 till later, which was a good decision because I took it with a friend who made my lazy ass study with him. Otherwise I woulda got killed on that final.

You wouldn't need Calc 4 for a comp sci degree btw, that was a requirement for my statistics major. In fact at many schools, you wouldn't need Calc 3 either.

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Cracker ass motha****a
            lol I ain't even white doe
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-06-2017, 02:44 AM.

Comment

lol I'd say I'm about average in terms of the nerdiness I encountered in school and in the industry. Although to be fair, pretty much everyone at the high school I went to was a nerd as it was a school you had to take a test to get into. So I may just be de-sensitized to it.

And yeah I did. I got credit for Calc 1 and 2 through the AP BC Calculus exam so I started from Calc 3 my freshman year of college. I held off on Calc 4 till later, which was a good decision because I took it with a friend who made my lazy ass study with him. Otherwise I woulda got killed on that final.

lol I ain't even white doe
              Bobby Deez what do you think

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Bobby Deez what do you think
                I think thats a whole lot of reading, cuz. I ain't got time for all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
                  I think thats a whole lot of reading, cuz. I ain't got time for all that.

Comment

Y'all are getting things mixed up man, education and a degree are two separate things. You can be educated and never get a degree or you can have a degree and not have learned jack **** but to just show up and do the bare minimum..

Education does directly correlate to financial success.

Getting a degree does not automatically give you financial success as others have stated here.

Comment

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
                      Of course education leads to financial success. But do you have to go to college to get it? No. Knowledge is still knowledge no matter where it comes from.
                      My man here gets it.

Comment

Working...
                      X