No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Golovkin Gate: $27,059,850

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs Golovkin Gate: $27,059,850

Really big numbers for the gate. I think the PPV numbers will be really big. Rumor is it hit 2 million buys.

Do you think the rematch does bigger business than the first fight?

Great number passes mayweather/canelo. now only behind mayweather/pac and mayweather/mcgregor for all time gate.

Comment

I think a lot depends on when the rematch happens, and if they choose to fight in between the rematch. The longer it is strung along, I believe the less it will do, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Great number passes mayweather/canelo. now only behind mayweather/pac and mayweather/mcgregor for all time gate.
        You said Mayweather name 3 times. Do you use Mayweather to measure everything boxing related?

Comment

More than enough to cover the guarantees:
          Canelo = $5 mil, Glovkin = $3 mil.
          Including production cost and promotion expenses.
          The PPV's are bonuses. Plus sponsors.
          It's always good when fighters are not greedy.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            More than enough to cover the guarantees:
            Canelo = $5 mil, Glovkin = $3 mil.
            Including production cost and promotion expenses.
            The PPV's are bonuses. Plus sponsors.
            It's always good when fighters are not greedy.
            What are you talking about? Canelo Promotions owns the back end of the event, keeping the Mexico money to himself; if things were still similar to the Schaefer deal, Canelo Promotions splits the back end with Golden Boy 80/20 Canelo.

No idea what the K2/Golovkin deal is, but it wouldn't shock me if he simply listed their payout as a cost item that gets deducted before the back end gets split.

Alvarez simply learned enough from Floyd to not get caught up in the night after money but make sure to get his take on all of the money that comes in 12-16 months after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALEVKO View Post
              Really big numbers for the gate. I think the PPV numbers will be really big. Rumor is it hit 2 million buys.

Do you think the rematch does bigger business than the first fight?
              The gate has very little to do with the PPV, especially since the tickets were "sold out" well in advance of the fight, with Mayweather-McGregor sopping up all of the promotional attention.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                You said Mayweather name 3 times. Do you use Mayweather to measure everything boxing related?
                puhahahhahhaha metrical, imperial and mayweatrical measuring systems apply in this forum.

Comment

The rematch will bomb because of the corruption in the first bout.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    What are you talking about? Canelo Promotions owns the back end of the event, keeping the Mexico money to himself; if things were still similar to the Schaefer deal, Canelo Promotions splits the back end with Golden Boy 80/20 Canelo.

No idea what the K2/Golovkin deal is, but it wouldn't shock me if he simply listed their payout as a cost item that gets deducted before the back end gets split.

Alvarez simply learned enough from Floyd to not get caught up in the night after money but make sure to get his take on all of the money that comes in 12-16 months after the fight.
                    Canelo's guarantee was 24 million. The $6million was just listed as what has to be paid night of the fight. Just like Crawford was listed as 1.6million when he made 2.050 million. They do that to pay the sanctioning bodies less money and for foreign fighters to pay less US taxes.

That's why Pacquiao's guarantee for the third fight with Bradley was $20million and he only got $6 million fight night. He has a big chunk paid to MP Promotions, as Canelo does too, so that they pay less to sanctioning bodies and greedy US taxes

Comment

Working...
                    X