Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Zab beats Garcia and becomes lineal champ at 140 will that get him to the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're in you're prime and lose to Baldomir you don't deserve to get in.

Further who the hell is Garcia? He beat Amir Khan not Mike Tyson. If Judah beats Prescott should he get in? Can't believe this discussion is still going. Antonio Tarver would have a better shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      If you're in you're prime and lose to Baldomir you don't deserve to get in.

Further who the hell is Garcia? He beat Amir Khan not Mike Tyson. If Judah beats Prescott should he get in? Can't believe this discussion is still going. Antonio Tarver would have a better shot.
      Not to say how likely this is but I do think if he put together a nice run 5 solid wins or so he could do it, especially if Matthysse is a killer raising the profile of that win.

Just Garcia though, no way.

Also this discussion is mostly about Garcia being the lineal champ based on The Ring removing Peterson for PEDs and then debating the merits of their rule based on how they are treating JCC Jr. for marijuana which is also a banned substance.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Not to say how likely this is but I do think if he put together a nice run 5 solid wins or so he could do it, especially if Matthysse is a killer raising the profile of that win.

Just Garcia though, no way.

Also this discussion is mostly about Garcia being the lineal champ based on The Ring removing Peterson for PEDs and then debating the merits of their rule based on how they are treating JCC Jr. for marijuana which is also a banned substance.
        but judah didn't beat mattyhsse and everyone worthwhile knows that. yeah maybe some tards think judah won by jabbing at gloves but their opinion on the hall of fame shouldn't come into play, at least officially.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          but judah didn't beat mattyhsse and everyone worthwhile knows that. yeah maybe some tards think judah won by jabbing at gloves but their opinion on the hall of fame shouldn't come into play, at least officially.
          I disagree, that was a close fight and Matthysse didn't do anything for the first half of the fight and Judah did more. So cut the shit and show respect for a differing view on a close fight.

It was close though as Matthyssse did come on

Last I checked you are suppose to go by what happened officially in a guys career, people who can't do that thankfully their opinions don't count either.
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-25-2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I disagree, that was a close fight and Matthysse didn't do anything for the first half of the fight and Judah did more. So you cut the shit and show respect for a differing view on a close fight.

Last I checked you are suppose to go by what happened officially in a guys career, people who can't do that thankfully their opinions don't count either.
            I don't think that win will be very much remembered for Judah, not only because of the controversy over who won but also because it was Matthysse's first fight anywhere near that level. Combine those two factors, and it just looks like a "lesson learned" type thing for Matthysse, rather than a good win for Judah.

Its not like Judah was doing good things to win the fight, Matthysse just fought an incredibly conservative fight for the first half because he had never gone 12. And he still arguably won, with most people believing he did. Again, lesson learned.

Comment

• It won't happen Larry nobody at 140 beats garcia not Matthyse not judah not rios and not Peterson.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I don't think that win will be very much remembered for Judah, not only because of the controversy over who won but also because it was Matthysse's first fight anywhere near that level. Combine those two factors, and it just looks like a "lesson learned" type thing for Matthysse, rather than a good win for Judah.

Its not like Judah was doing good things to win the fight, Matthysse just fought an incredibly conservative fight for the first half because he had never gone 12. And he still arguably won, with most people believing he did. Again, lesson learned.
                Well that is why I said Matthysse would have to prove to be a killer, the fight was obviously close and can only be called as such. However if Matthysse ends up as a known killer and Judah won a close fight against him considering the reputation he has I think that will look real good.

If Matthysse is just a good fighter, it doesn't mean much you are correct. I would just say though the way people talk about Judah and the way people talk about Matthysse even though Matthysse was green at the point you would figure there was no way Judah would have survived a full 12.

Comment

I disagree, that was a close fight and Matthysse didn't do anything for the first half of the fight and Judah did more. So cut the shit and show respect for a differing view on a close fight.

you are supposed to go by official results? so why isn't sven ottke in the hall of fame? don't you always say you don't let other people influence you, but now you are letting the official results be your only guide? seems strange.

judah did more jabbing at matthysse's gloves while mattyhsse did more hitting judah. i guess it depends on what you like better? in that respect it was close.

Comment

Well that is why I said Matthysse would have to prove to be a killer, the fight was obviously close and can only be called as such. However if Matthysse ends up as a known killer and Judah won a close fight against him considering the reputation he has I think that will look real good.

If Matthysse is just a good fighter, it doesn't mean much you are correct. I would just say though the way people talk about Judah and the way people talk about Matthysse even though Matthysse was green at the point you would figure there was no way Judah would have survived a full 12.
                    I actually think the opposite would happen. If Matthysse proves to be a killer, then people who go back and watch the fight will see the obvious difference and know he was just green going in. If he ends up just being a good fighter who never proves to be that much better than he was against Judah, then the win will look better, because even that Matthysse will be a tough fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      If you're going to call Gatti, Cotto, Morales and Barrera Hall of Famers you might as well throw Zab in there too.
                      i was with you up until Morales and Barrera. more than being hall of famers, both those guys are arguably top 100 all-timers.

Comment

Working...
                      X