No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vargas-Omotoso in Play For Rios-Alvarado II on 3/30

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vargas-Omotoso in Play For Rios-Alvarado II on 3/30

BoxingScene.com has learned that a high stakes welterweight match between Jessie Vargas (21-0, 9KOs) and Lucky Boy Omotoso (23-0, 19KOs) is being discussed for March 30th. The main event of that show, televised by HBO, is a junior welterweight rematch between Brandon Rios and Mike Alvarado. Vargas-Omotoso would be the televised co-feature that night.

[Click Here To Read More]

Ohh.... sounds interesting....
    I'm going to watch some Omotso vid.... I have no idea what he looks like

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo
      Ohh.... sounds interesting....
      I'm going to watch some Omotso vid.... I have no idea what he looks like
      Nothing with Jessie Vargas is interesting bro. Vargas is like the most boring fighter ever and he's not even a runner. I just dunno what it is but he puts me to sleep.

At least watching Vazquez I spend half of the fight b1tching for him to stop running or telling his opponent to cut the ring off this and that. But Vargas, I dunno he's something else.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Nothing with Jessie Vargas is interesting bro. Vargas is like the most boring fighter ever and he's not even a runner. I just dunno what it is but he puts me to sleep.

At least watching Vazquez I spend half of the fight b1tching for him to stop running or telling his opponent to cut the ring off this and that. But Vargas, I dunno he's something else.

I find it interesting that Arum is posting him in there with another undefeated fighter... doesn't seem very much like Arum.
        I mean, I thought he'd wait a little while longer until Vargas got more attention to his name, but seems he's going to set this up instead.
        I didn't see his thursday night fight, but I was kind of unimpressed with Forbes and thought Lopez could've beat him if he threw more punches in the later rounds

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo
          Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I find it interesting that Arum is posting him in there with another undefeated fighter... doesn't seem very much like Arum.
          I mean, I thought he'd wait a little while longer until Vargas got more attention to his name, but seems he's going to set this up instead.
          I didn't see his thursday night fight, but I was kind of unimpressed with Forbes and thought Lopez could've beat him if he threw more punches in the later rounds
          Idk maybe he got plans for him. I will probably skip out on this fight till the main event.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Not to mention, one with a high KO percentage. But I've never seen Omotoso.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
              Not to mention, one with a high KO percentage. But I've never seen Omotoso.
              I noticed a lot of wins were against Thai fighters... which is odd up at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                I noticed a lot of wins were against Thai fighters... which is odd up at that weight.
                Yeah, who knows. Vargas isn't the most exciting fighter to watch, but he is a good boxer. My guess is that it will be Omotoso's first big test.

Comment

Vargas is boooring. Nothing special. I guess arum wants him out. Vargas at most is a club fighter. Nothing special. Just an undefeated bum.

Comment

Originally posted by PPAAKKMMAANN View Post
                    I guess arum wants him out. Vargas at most is a club fighter. Nothing special. Just an undefeated bum.
                    If Arum wanted him out, he would feed Vargus to someone who could beat him.....rather than Omotoso.

Comment

Working...
                    X