X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
    your faith is your works.

the point of this is different its trying to say that your works have no value there is no good or evil only what is expected and what isnt expected touching on what i talked about like a week ago in here.
    Your faith is clearly not your works. If you can be forgiven your misdeeds simply by saying sorry and believing in jesus then your works are an utter waste of time.

If you're a humanist however then your works count for something because you do them for the betterment of others and for your own self satisfaction, not because you think His Heavenly Bean Counter is taking notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
      there are near infinate ways to get the same job done.....are you saying because i dont do it how you tell me to, my way of doing it is evil?

example: you "multiply 6*4 to get 24"
      me "2*12 is 24"
      you "thats evil"

An error of calculation is definately too mild to be called an evil deed. That is just an error: "errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum".

Anyway, if such a calculation could involves serious consequances (example: you are a chemist, you calculate the wrong dose of a drug and kill your patient), in that case it is an evil deed: you put the wrong dose of drug out of tiredness, sloth or lack of attention: that is negligence and is indeed an evil deed. You should have checked the dose well knowing that it could have harmed someone.

The evil that you do is directly proportional to your awareness of the consequences that your actions might cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Oh dear. You posted a wikipedia link to "explain" to me who "Lucifer" was. But you never read the contents of the page, which explains that the word "lucifer" was not a name in Isiah, and that it was only interpreted as being a name long after it was written by people who had insufficient understanding of the language. In other words Isiah does not reference a rebellion in heaven in which an angel named Lucifer was cast down, scholars that were eager to seek meaning in every aspect of the scriptures wrongly interpreted that passage in this way.
        Translations may change with time.

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        I can usually forgive somebody for not following up on sources I post. But failing to actually read the sources they post themselves is the height of intellectual laziness.
        Yes I'm a bit lazy, it's a vice I have, I beg your pardon but I'm just not a translator and I don't speak Aramaic. If I did I could try and give my personal translation of that passage of the Bible, but it happens that I can't.
        There are actually controversies going on between theologists on the Satan/Lucifer issue. i didn't know about that. I could care less, after all in both cases it's just about evil to me.

I found something on Google about that anyway. Of course I haven't read it all. I'm busy in living my life.
        Here, for you, have fun:
        http://www.learnthebible.org/satan-vs-lucifer.html
        http://www.chick.com/ask/articles/lucifer.asp
        http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1021556AAYh8tj
        http://www.allaboutgod.com/story-of-lucifer.htm

I have no idea why you would even post something like this. Did Jesus tell you to?
        Nope, you just pissed me off with your nitwitness.

Are souls like unicorns then? Do unicorns exist and live forever? What about dragons? If I told you they did would you accept it?
        Now that was funny.
        Uhm, on second thought... no it wasn't. It was sad and childish. Nothing new under the sun.
        There are no good reasons to believe in souls. None whatsoever.
        If you say so...

If you are going to try and define something by what it is not then you must also define what it is not.
        Alright you had me: an "evil" deed is an action made with the sole and intentional purpose of harming someone.

Three weeks ago I bought some milk. It was good when I bought it and now it is evil?
        Of course not, half-wit. It was "fresh" when you bought it, and it went "sour". You claim years of theological studies, you show off a high philosophical knowledge (unlike me), why don't you use your superior culture to speak correctly, you great theologist of these balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          The weather yesterday was really good for this time of year.

But today, it ........is..............EVIL!

Wow, that's as funny as being back-pushed from upstairs...

All right pupils, let's put this down correctly:
          Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          The weather yesterday was really
          Originally posted by Your personal English teacher
          serene
          for this time of year.

But today, it ........is..............
          Originally posted by that blonde teacher with a tight red dress which aroused your first pre-teen sexual fantasies
          Rough
          !
          Next lesson: colors. Fill the spaces.
          What color is your crap today?
          My crap is ...........

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
            How do you know that souls exist?
            Out of faith.
            Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
            Can you provide any evidence?
            Nope.
            Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
            Are there any good reasons to believe souls exist?
            I do think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
              If I just wait until I'm on my deathbed to repent I'll be just as saved as if I go to church every week though, right?
              Probably, but probably not. God isn't someone you can make a fool of that easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                God is a strange bloke. Rewarding some people for 'accepting Christ as their saviour', when others feel they have found their spiritaul path in another religion...so does God only reward the people who a Christians?
                Seems very strange considering religion is more or less based on location and tradition.

And what is a blood baptism? Sounds spooky.

Those who believe and still sin will go to hell to suffer? Isnt most sin little petty things like having a wank and lying to ur wife? Hell is a bit overkill dont u think?
                All religions are worth the same. Religions are just like languages, every culture has its own. None is better or more valid than the other, even if probably everyone (including myself) thinks that his own religion is the best one on Earth. Nonetheless, we're all held to respect different cultures and religions.

In the end, the same God works for all: may you call it Allah or JHWH or whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Name View Post
                  All religions are worth the same. Religions are just like languages, every culture has its own. None is better or more valid than the other, even if probably everyone (including myself) thinks that his own religion is the best one on Earth. Nonetheless, we're all held to respect different cultures and religions.

In the end, the same God works for all: may you call it Allah or JHWH or whatever.
                  Really? Even those who worship animals as their God? Or those old religions who believed in sacrificing virgins or had no Gods at all. People who worshipped nature and life.

What do u think, according to ur religion will they go to heaven or hell?

Comment

Wow, that's as funny as being back-pushed from upstairs...

All right pupils, let's put this down correctly:

Next lesson: colors. Fill the spaces.
                    What color is your crap today?
                    My crap is ...........
                    No English teacher would say "back-pushed from upstairs".

You try too hard and fail horribly.

Comment

Translations may change with time.
                      Why would translations change with time?

Yes I'm a bit lazy, it's a vice I have, I beg your pardon but I'm just not a translator and I don't speak Aramaic. If I did I could try and give my personal translation of that passage of the Bible, but it happens that I can't.
                      There are actually controversies going on between theologists on the Satan/Lucifer issue. i didn't know about that. I could care less, after all in both cases it's just about evil to me.
                      YOU posted links to Wikipedia that you did not bother to read. No translation necessary, just the due diligence to actually read the links you post instead of didactically declaring that you already know the contents.

I found something on Google about that anyway. Of course I haven't read it all. I'm busy in living my life.
                      Here, for you, have fun:
                      http://www.learnthebible.org/satan-vs-lucifer.html
                      http://www.chick.com/ask/articles/lucifer.asp
                      http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1021556AAYh8tj
                      http://www.allaboutgod.com/story-of-lucifer.htm
                      Oh yay you posted a link to Jack Chick's insanorium!

Now that was funny.
                      Uhm, on second thought... no it wasn't. It was sad and childish. Nothing new under the sun.
                      I wasn't trying to be funny. You tried to get me to believe in souls by saying that you have told me about them. Well I told you about unicorns and dragons. Anger them at your peril.

Alright you had me: an "evil" deed is an action made with the sole and intentional purpose of harming someone.
                      So you don't think that ****sexuality is evil? At least you're a bit civilised then.

Of course not, half-wit. It was "fresh" when you bought it, and it went "sour". You claim years of theological studies, you show off a high philosophical knowledge (unlike me), why don't you use your superior culture to speak correctly, you great theologist of these balls.
                      The first part almost had a point. Then you descended into nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X