No announcement yet.

Benavidez would've beat Porter!..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I've been watching him for years. We used to train at the same gym. His movement isn't the same.
    No arguements after this brother! Ive based my assessments ofc his herrera fight, he did a lot of the covering up in that fight and thought he was just a counter puncher.

Comment

I definitely don't hate his chances. I think I'd lean Porter's way cuz ultimately I think Jose is, has been & always will be a underachiever as a pro, BUT there is no doubt in my mind that Jose's counter punching is quality enough to make it a competitive fight thats winnable for him.

Comment

At 100% I think Jose Benavidez would of came out on top after all the dust settled in the entire welterweight division , the young phenom had all the tools.

Much Respect to Jose Benavidez!

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
          At 100% I think Jose Benavidez would of came out on top after all the dust settled in the entire welterweight division , the young phenom had all the tools.

Much Respect to Jose Benavidez!
          He can box, hes more of a 1 trick pony but i believe his style would convincingly be porter

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            Benavidez is ****, the hell you guys were watching? Was somebody really impressed with anything he did tonight? What was it exactly, shaking his head all the time that has won you over tonight? He's terrible.

Crawford dominated him in every aspect of the fight and was never in any danger.
            Yeah I agree. Stood Straight up. dragging that bum leg around. He looked like he been shot and shouldn't be fighting. Not with top guys at least.

Comment

I'll voice others and say that if Benavidez had his mobility back (probably won't) he'd beat a lot of guys and the Crawford fight would have been super competitive.

Also, not sure why people always count out Porter against counter punchers like it's his achilles heel. Porter is better than given credit for and it's not necessarily "counter punching" that troubles him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                Have u seen the Julio Diaz fight? And i am not on anything illegal!
                That fight was five years ago. I didn't ask you if you were on anything illegal, I asked if you were high.

Comment

Put thst bottle of corona down

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Jose honestly probably would be a World Champion if he didn't get shot in that Knee, it is really unfortunate his career was ruined like that but I think if he moves up he would be better off instead of fighting smaller quicker guys at 147 when he clearly can't move as well as he use to sadly
                    ... yes... in fact he barely uses his back foot...

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                      Yeah I agree. Stood Straight up. dragging that bum leg around. He looked like he been shot and shouldn't be fighting. Not with top guys at least.
                      The leg certainly bothered him, especially as the fight went on.
                      But I thought he fought decently everything considered. He was landing his jab very well, and was able to land in general in this fight at reasonable percentage.
                      His main issues were the leg, stamina issues in the second half of the fight, lack of volume punching and of course, Crawford upping his level after a slow start.

Comment

Working...
                      X