Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford Breaks Down, Drops, Knocks Out Benavidez in Twelfth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to Benavidez for showing he belonged there, especially in the first half. If handled properly, he can still "go places."

Comment

• Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
      I feel the same way about this fight that I did for loma-linares. Lomachenko and Crawford struggled way more than they should have. Before I felt like no one could beat bud at 147 and below but I'd have to pick Spence to beat him now.
      Difference is, Loma was the one injured in his fight, while Benavidez was the one injured in the Crawford fight. Also, Linares is a multi-weight world champ, much bigger than Loma, with the power to hurt Loma. Benavidez did not have the power to hurt Crawford. Linares is just a better, more accomplished fighter than Benavidez. And he has two good knees. Crawford literally fought a crippled boxer in the ring who would just stand there with his guard up and let Crawford kill his body because he didn't have the knees to back up lol. And that was literally turned the fight around because otherwise, when healthy and energized, Benavidez was taking it to Crawford and I had him up before the knee gave him problems.

So all this talk of Crawford being P4P... he didn't even prove to me that he is better than Benavidez if Benavidez hadn't been injured. Just like Crawford did the OPPOSITE of prove that he was better than Gamboa had Gamboa been the same size as him. And isn't that what P4P means? If everyone is the same size who is better? Because in that case, despite the official result, I think even Gamboa deserved to be above Crawford at that point. Now that's not as bad as it sounds because once you correct for size, Gamboa at that point was one of the top 15 or 20 fighters in the world, maybe top 10, so that doesn't mean Crawford is a bum or anything, he's not. But he's not #1 P4P either.

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
        If your going to talk the talk, you must walk the walk. Don’t make excuses after you get knocked the f@ck out and have your lame ass fans making excuses too. I said before the fight, Jose was a bum. Look it up. Predictable outcome!
        I mean... you didn’t exactly call it lol. Benavidez wasnt supposed to see the 12th to most the odds makers. He was a massive underdog and before the KO punch, that round looked clearly like Benavidez’s and despite the discrepency in landed punches, the number of rounds was debatably closer than expected. Crawford had such a significant difference im shots for the second hald half but the scoring should have rightfully been a different story.

Now if we can get bud a top 4-5 WW, it’s going go be REALLY interesting

Comment

• Jose won no more than three rounds I would say two rounds. He didn't win any rounds after six and got broke down by a sustained body attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Why would I be butt hurt stupid??? EVERYONE knew Bud was gonna win. We just didnt think it would take this long and be a boring fight.
            Everyone didn’t know. A lot of the posts had Jose winning. And it’s boxing, no one is going to rush in carelessly with any fighter. And he dominated him in the championship rounds and stopped him in the last. It was a good fight. EVERYONE that actually knows boxing, knows it was a good fight against a game opponent. Doesn’t mean Jose was good but he came to fight and did his best and he made it competitive EARLY. He just wasn’t game enough for a full 12 rounds, big difference. But you don’t know sh@t about boxing being the casual fan that you are. I’m wasting too much time with you now-LMAO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              I think he would beat Danny and Peterson.
              I have my doubts

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                Difference is, Loma was the one injured in his fight, while Benavidez was the one injured in the Crawford fight. Also, Linares is a multi-weight world champ, much bigger than Loma, with the power to hurt Loma. Benavidez did not have the power to hurt Crawford. Linares is just a better, more accomplished fighter than Benavidez. And he has two good knees. Crawford literally fought a crippled boxer in the ring who would just stand there with his guard up and let Crawford kill his body because he didn't have the knees to back up lol. And that was literally turned the fight around because otherwise, when healthy and energized, Benavidez was taking it to Crawford and I had him up before the knee gave him problems.

So all this talk of Crawford being P4P... he didn't even prove to me that he is better than Benavidez if Benavidez hadn't been injured. Just like Crawford did the OPPOSITE of prove that he was better than Gamboa had Gamboa been the same size as him. And isn't that what P4P means? If everyone is the same size who is better? Because in that case, despite the official result, I think even Gamboa deserved to be above Crawford at that point. Now that's not as bad as it sounds because once you correct for size, Gamboa at that point was one of the top 15 or 20 fighters in the world, maybe top 10, so that doesn't mean Crawford is a bum or anything, he's not. But he's not #1 P4P either.
                No doubt linares win was way better than benavidez.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  Spence gonna wreck Bud. That said, Bud is a great fighter.
                  Hit, I don't know, man. I have played this fight over in my head. Bud has enough pop to discourage Spence bull rushing. This kinda remind me of the Mayweather/Cotto fantasy fight before the Pac era. Could not see Cotto beating May, though people claimed Cotto body attack was gonna break Mayweather's ribs. Though they fought beyond their prime, it played put exactly how i thought it would, and that is, a set puncher has a low chance of beating a counter puncher with a high IQ. Trinidad/Hopkins, Hopkins/Pavlik, Trinidad/Wright. Floyd, basically, against most bigger fighters.

The counterpuncher will just keep turning them, setting traps, forcing them to either clam up, then tee'd off or make them commit, then counter them to death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Crack head ***** is how you get fkn AIDS and STD's you stupid fuk!
                    I know, YOUR MOM gave me some. She gives great head though with her missing teeth-LMAO!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
                      It’s funny how no one mentioned his leg BEFORE the fight-LMAO at these losers!!!!
                      These are the same type of lies so many boxing fans constantly tell themselves to excuse the cherry picking and disappointing performances of their favorite boxers. You just say something that's not true so you can dismiss people telling the truth. Because many people DID talk about his leg before the fight. I remember an Alex Ariza interview talking about it months ago. It's just most people did not know about David Benavidez bad knee. Once the commenters mentioned it right before the fight, and then he stopped moving after a few rounds and just stood there for Crawford to hit him because his knee was hurting him, and then the pain caused massive fatigue so he became a sitting duck, obviously everyone is going to talk about it more because it turned the fight around that Crawford was losing 3-1 early to Mauricio Herrera's leftovers.

So, back to reality bro. Crawford is good but he's not one of the best 3 fighters in the sport. Top 10 I'm GUESSING though he still hasnt proven a thing vs top fighters his size, but not top 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X