Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Africa’s ruling ANC says land expropriation bill withdrawn for further reconsid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Africa’s ruling ANC says land expropriation bill withdrawn for further reconsid

A bill allowing the South African government to seize private land without compensation has been withdrawn by the Portfolio Committee on Public Works pending further study, according to the ruling African National Congress.
    In 2015, the ANC proposed a constitutional amendment allowing the government to seize and redistribute land without any compensation to its owners. The draft, which has not been adopted so far, evoked widespread international outrage and multiple media reports of alleged violence against white South African farmers, including murders.

The committee’s chairperson, Humphrey Mmemezi, said the bill was referred to parliament on procedural grounds, but they couldn’t duplicate a separate parliamentary process.

https://www.rt.com/business/437051-s...ling-anc-says/

Caving in to whitey

Comment

Hey they need food. Why screw up a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
        Hey they need food. Why screw up a good thing.
        I guess the pressure got to them.

Really gald to see this, though. Will be great for the country.

Comment

Trump made that happen.

Comment

I was told by Theodore it already went into affect though

Originally posted by Cadilac View Post
            Trump made that happen.
            The funny thing is some people actually think this probably

Comment

I guess Trump's tweet got them scared.

Comment

They're just holding off until they get the guns

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  They're just holding off until they get the guns
                  Could be, my friend...

Comment

I’m guessing people sat around a big table asking themselves first, and then each other.... does anyone here know any thing about farming? How about crop yields? Soil erosion? Planting times? Pest control?

Blank stares everywhere.... then it was tacitly decided to keep whitey on the farm..ole McWhitey had a farm... ei ii ei ii oo!
                    And on the farm whitey grew lots of food... ei iii ei ii ooh

All in favor of keeping McWhitey on the farm say “ ei ii ei ii ooh” it passed unanimously!

Comment

Working...
                    X