Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Keith Thurman the best welterweight in the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Keith Thurman the best welterweight in the world?

With Brook moving to Middleweight, if only for the moment, is Keith Thurman the best welterweight in the world? He arguably has the best resume of welterweight vs welterweight competition. He kos 80% of his opponents and has knocked down all but Porter (who wobbled) in his fights. But has he shown too much vulnerability to be considered the legitimate heir to the 147 thrown? If so, when did vulnerability start defining a division? Was Leonard not vulnerable to a Hearns and vise versa? Was Tito not vulnerable to the boxing ability of DeLa Hoya? Isn't that what makes boxing the sort of sport that defies generations? All in all, Keith might not be the most talented 147 in the world. But I dare anyone to show me a better candidate for best welterweight in the word....

Him and Brook is a fight I wanted to see at 147.

Spence is promising also, still need to see him up against some better guys but I think he's the goods.

Comment

At this moment in time i would say so. It's not a given that he beats everyone in the division but i would defenitely favor him over anyone else.

Errol is on his way but for god's sake the kid is just 20 fights in, some of yall need to pump the brakes lol, what we've seen so far is amazing but we have yet to see how he stands his ground against the more experienced fighters. Son.

Comment

Come on man

Erroll Spence is a clear number 1 and it's not even close.

#2 in waiting is Terrence Crawford when he moves up

Nobody can handle these bruvvas especially not no plodder like Furman with no slick d

Comment

I think he is one of the top 3 best welterweights in the world. I rate him even with Pacquiao and Brook if Brook returns to 147 after GGG KOs him. I don't rate him above or below Brook and Pacquiao. I rate him dead even with them in a big 3 way tie of best welterweights. I do rate one welterweight as the very best welterweight in the world including Thurman, Pacquiao and Brook. That welterweight is Spence Jr. In my opinion he is the best welterweight in the world and he will continue to improve for a few years as he gains experience and perfects his skills.

Comment

Now that Brook moved up, I would say yes.

Comment

After his fight with Porter, I say yes. Thurman is the real deal imo.

Comment

Originally posted by slickrick9783 View Post
                With Brook moving to Middleweight, if only for the moment, is Keith Thurman the best welterweight in the world? He arguably has the best resume of welterweight vs welterweight competition. He kos 80% of his opponents and has knocked down all but Porter (who wobbled) in his fights. But has he shown too much vulnerability to be considered the legitimate heir to the 147 thrown? If so, when did vulnerability start defining a division? Was Leonard not vulnerable to a Hearns and vise versa? Was Tito not vulnerable to the boxing ability of DeLa Hoya? Isn't that what makes boxing the sort of sport that defies generations? All in all, Keith might not be the most talented 147 in the world. But I dare anyone to show me a better candidate for best welterweight in the word....
                First of all Brook moving up for one fight doesn't mean he isn't still a WW.

Brook and Bradley both beat Thurman in my book, so Thurman is at best 3rd in the division, and that's assuming Maidana doesn't move down after killing Cotto at 154.

Comment

Individuals who say that please proceed to the nearest exit immediately to fuk off.

Comment

hmmm not sure,,, he has the physical but lacks the defenseive porwess of a crawfor d or spence,,,,

Comment

Working...
                    X