No announcement yet.

Is Canelo's hand speed underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Canelo's hand speed underrated?

I think he is quicker than most people think.

He does have good handspeed, kind of cement footed though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      He does have good handspeed, kind of cement footed though.

this. alvarez has slow feet. his upper body is a bit stiff, too, though he's worked on it.

he's also cautious and he throws few punches. he doesn't have the trappings of a style where speed is the issue. the issue is the power.

his speed certainly won't trouble floyd, even if he's an aging fighter and speed is often what troubles older fighters. mayweather is hardly human when it comes to dealing with both speed and power. it will take a much faster fighter, who throws a lot of punches and fights like a young man, to give floyd issues. alvarez isn't the guy to give mayweather issues with speed. he's got to watch out for the big right handed punches upstairs, and the body work.

alvarez fights like a guy with 40 fights. it's only been in the last two years that he's matured physically and entered his prime.

Comment

Absolutely. He doesn't have Pac or Floyd handspeed, so people really underrated it. His hands are pretty damn fast. As an above poster said though, his feet aren't exactly the fastest lol, but the head movement that he displayed against Trout helps a lot when he can't move his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Birts View Post
          I think he is quicker than most people think.
          it's not bad, but not above average

Comment

His gameplan is very crucial to a W. I think he has great speed in his body-head combinations for sure. It really depends how fast/efficiently Canelo can reach Mayweather.

We all know Mayweather was able to fight Corrales at his game, but this is 2013 people and Floyd is now fighting a LIGHT MIDDLEWEIGHT.

Comment

his hands are fast, very fast for a man his size but handspeed is like horsepower useless unless you have control of it.. zab's hands are faster than floyd. u see how far that **** got him

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                His gameplan is very crucial to a W. I think he has great speed in his body-head combinations for sure. It really depends how fast/efficiently Canelo can reach Mayweather.

We all know Mayweather was able to fight Corrales at his game, but this is 2013 people and Floyd is now fighting a LIGHT MIDDLEWEIGHT.
                Yep the haters want to blow this off as an easy fight , its not and Floyd is taking a big risk he didn't have to , he should have stayed at 147 and just totally dominated his division , its good to see him challenge himself but he wont get the credit for the challenge if he succeeds , I don't like fighters playing around with weight late in their careers , I can say for sure Canelo wont go up to fight GGG or Martinez and they wont go up and fight Ward , but when its Floyd its expected and there are some big double standards surrounding Floyd .

Comment

he has nice hand speed i'll give him that...

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Yep the haters want to blow this off as an easy fight , its not and Floyd is taking a big risk he didn't have to , he should have stayed at 147 and just totally dominated his division , its good to see him challenge himself but he wont get the credit for the challenge if he succeeds , I don't like fighters playing around with weight late in their careers , I can say for sure Canelo wont go up to fight GGG or Martinez and they wont go up and fight Ward , but when its Floyd its expected and there are some big double standards surrounding Floyd .
                    Dude stop acting like it was may idea to fight Canelo, may was forced to fight Canelo because his ppv numbers were crapy for what show time is paying him

Comment

Working...
                    X