Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Khan an Elite Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he's in the upper echelons of his division and was previously a good world champion. In my eyes, for him to be elite, he needs to regain a world championship and prove his worth by defending it against top contenders.

If he had beaten Peterson, then beat Garcia. I'd consider him elite.

Comment

He has some solid wins, not sure if he's elite though. Kotelnyk, Malignaggi, Maidana, Judah, and he should have the win over Peterson in my eyes. He's really good, but not sure if he's elite. If he's elite, he'll beat Danny Garcia rather easily.

Comment

he gave kotelnik a boxing lesson, took strong hard punches from maidana and cruised to a UD. he's shown to me that he's an elite fighter.

not only elite, but a very well behaved young man

Comment

Originally posted by itchum77 View Post
          I have noticed lately that Amir Khan has said both Danny Garcia and Kell Brook are not elite fighters. This made me wonder whether Khan is even an Elite fighter himself?

Personally, I don't think so.

What are your thoughts?
          A Mere Con is an elite fraud maybe.....

Poet

Comment

not even close

Comment

lol at people saying he is an elite fighter at 140 but not anywhere else.

he is either an elite fighter or he is not an elite fighter.

i dont think he is an elite fighter to be honest. still got alot to learn.

Comment

i think so. he's sort of the lower tier of elite fighters. one of the best 25 on the planet certainly. he's been one of the best in the world at 140 for some time now. it's been a toss up between he and bradley and no others. manny would have probably ruled the division (he's naturally a 140 or 135 lber, evidenced by his weight,) if he fought there over these past few years, but he did not. it was a good division for a period of time and khan was perhaps its best fighter.

at 147 he'll have the style and the size to do good things as well. i think if he tries 154 he will get stopped by the first big puncher who hits him on the chin, though.

elite at 140?
                sure

elite at 147? very hard to say. there arent a ton of top flight fighters at 47 these days, but i'd still pick pacquiao and mayweather to beat hiim there. cotto too, if he dropped down to 147, which he could.

147 is wide open right now. manny and floyd dont fight much, and outside of them the level of talent drops way the hell off.

140 is weak too.

154 is where the big boys are hanging out these days.

lower tier of elite fighters, IMO. it's more of a question of what your standards of elite look like.

there are not a ton of great boxers on the planet.

and at this stage i've accepted that peterson was probably on drugs when he fought khan. he was night and day different from the man who got bullied around the ring by tim bradley. i'll act like that fight never even happened. peterson is mostly dead to me.

barry hunter, on the other hand, is still the street disciple.
                Last edited by New England; 07-11-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

He's a good fighter, but he hasnt shown me anything worth considering him elite yet.

Surviving against maidana and losing to peterson (albeit a controversial loss, it was still a close fight where he was getting pounded on and running away) doesnt exactly scream elite to me.

he certainly has the mouth for it tho

Comment

FUK NO!

Not even in his Division, he has ELITE TALENT though! but I think he is with the Wrong Trainer to show him how to use that ELITE TALENT as far as his Speed and how to TRULY BOX and take advantage of his SIZE and Reach Advantage over most in his Division

Roach is good with Brawlers...NOT BOXERS, under Roach...Khan is very WILD, his defense is still HORRIBLE, he cannot fight inside to save his life, his stamina is AVERAGE at best (he is backing up and running to the Cards by the 6th Round)

I personally think Khan should have Adam Booth as his TRAINER, but he is with Roach for the Fame...Khan will end up like Jorge Linares IMO if he stays with Freddie Roach
                    Last edited by sicko; 07-11-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Some times khan looks great and some times he just looks vulnerable and one dimensional. In my mind to be elite you have to perform consistently on an elite level. Khan has failed to do that. He has the potential to be elite.

Comment

Working...
                      X