No announcement yet.

Carl Froch's resume >>> Joe Calzaghe's resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CONORBOBWEAVE View Post
    At the time of the fights, Lacy was more proven than Dirrell. It's easy to look back in hindsight and say it was a **** win for Calzaghe but at the time that was a big fight. You call Calzaghe a duck but fact is, he was the only top guy willing to fight Lacy at the time.
    I don't know about(nobody wanting to fight Lacy)but I'm not calling Joey a duck but it is a fact he did not fight alot of prime good fighters..Froch fought Dirrell and Pascal,I'll give ya Kessler but Lacy is a tough one for me..I remember how I felt about that victory,I felt like it was a surprise with the fashion he won in but not that he won..With Dirrell loads of people felt like Froch would not have enough talent to be in the fight,and they were wrong Froch was making the fight and landing the clean effective blows..Sure Dirrell came on late but were was he the first 9 or 10 rds??Which means it's a better win imo..But I already said Joey has the better record but Froch has a decent one as well..He also has beating top fighters at their peeks in Dirrell and Pascal..

Comment

• Originally posted by romebyko View Post
      I don't know about(nobody wanting to fight Lacy)but I'm not calling Joey a duck but it is a fact he did not fight alot of prime good fighters..Froch fought Dirrell and Pascal,I'll give ya Kessler but Lacy is a tough one for me..I remember how I felt about that victory,I felt like it was a surprise with the fashion he won in but not that he won..With Dirrell loads of people felt like Froch would not have enough talent to be in the fight,and they were wrong Froch was making the fight and landing the clean effective blows..Sure Dirrell came on late but were was he the first 9 or 10 rds??Which means it's a better win imo..But I already said Joey has the better record but Froch has a decent one as well..He also has beating top fighters at their peeks in Dirrell and Pascal..
      Alright man. For me, Froch has to go a good way yet before reaching Calzaghe's resume.

Comment

• After froch beats calzaghe, if he beats ward, hes well on the way definatley.

Comment

• Froch Vs Calzaghe would have been a great fight after Froch beat Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by INSECT View Post
            Byron Mitchell >> Jermain Taylor and its obvious.

If you don't agree, you don't know ****.
            no i don't think so. mitchell was never as good as taylor and let's analyze the 3 fights he had before he fought calzaghe. a very debatable decision over manny siaca where he was knocked down and completely out on his feet in the 12th. a lucky cut stoppage against julio cesar green after being knocked down twice and beaten around the ring the entire fight. then he got robbed vs ottke. not too stellar if you ask me. taylor had a very close loss against pavlik and dominated lacy. much more impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by INSECT View Post
              Calzaghe: Eubank, Jones (old), Hopkins (old), Lacy, Bika, Manfredo, Veit, Brewer, Sheika, Kessler

Froch: Abraham, Dirrell, Kessler, Taylor, Jean Pascal, Jermain Taylor, Reid

(all prime)
              If Joe would've fought Jones and Hopkins in their prime, he'd have a better argument.

Not only this, Joe clearly ducked Froch and retired rather than face him which makes it even worse.

In summary, Froch shits all over Calzaghe.

Comment

• Tho Cal is the better fighter by far! Froch's resume is so much better then Cal's

Comment

Working...
                X