Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Golovkin is Asking For More Than He Deserves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Hey cretin, with that many ppv sales 15m is the lion's share. Why do GBP wanna make Canelo into B side?
    Alvarez wants the fight, and Alvarez is still able to supplement his US PPV money with his money off of the Mexican TV, the Tecate sponsorship, and the actual live event (whether it be a gate or site fee).

The idea that Alvarez is supposed to give up even more money is silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
      It's a flat fee offer, when has GBP done that before? This situation has BS written all over it...

Regardless, we don't know if it's a bad deal until May when both GGG/Jacobs and Canelo/Jr numbers has surfaced... Neither Canelo or Golovkin are making impressive numbers right now, so that 15 million offer just doesn't make sense, because if Golovkin's popularity is as weak as GBP has said in the past then why give him so much money when he's worth much less than that?

It looks like they're trying to save face after the 'in Mexico we don't **** around' farce.
      I buy this. The $15 million offer seems too good to be true which indicates that GBP is bull****ting. The issue is that k2 hasn't shot down these rumors though. If in fact, they turned down $15 million, I can't see how any logical person can justify that. In a best case scenario, based off the ppv history of the 2 fighters, this seems like a great deal. A guaranteed purse with no risk of the fight bombing at the box office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Alvarez wants the fight, and Alvarez is still able to supplement his US PPV money with his money off of the Mexican TV, the Tecate sponsorship, and the actual live event (whether it be a gate or site fee).

The idea that Alvarez is supposed to give up even more money is silly.
        You're still not getting it lol. By conceding 40% in ppv upside he'd give up MUCH less if it only sells 600-800k. Where's the disconnect?

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          We're back to claiming every offer made to GGG is fake now?

Either address my post or GTFO. Spare me your petty, little jabs.

'Hr called me a conspiracy theorist, wtf am I going to do now?! '

Comment

• Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
            Over a million buys X 70$ + TV revenues all over the world..

For the rest.. Since you're so knowledgeble...i'm guessing i don't have to explain how the fighters don't make all the money of the purse!
            Let's say $1.2m and assume everyone buys it in HD...

$84m * 45% = $37m left to play with.

That's a very long way away from your $100m.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

Either address my post or GTFO. Spare me your petty, little jabs.

'Hr called me a conspiracy theorist, wtf am I going to do now?! '
              If it's fake, how come nobody on the other side has denied it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                Another ******. Cable Providers and HBO take half the PPV money.
                You forgot revenues at the gate and endorsments...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...ew-income.html

Check these numbers then bring them down to levels of 1 million buys

Plus your mother called: she says she didn't raise you this way...

Comment

• This ppint Canelo just needs to fight OTHER BOXERS and let GGG sit at the sht MW division with ZERO decent fighters after Jacobs.

At this point let GGG fight Saunders, Knutsidze, heiland, etc...

Canelo has WAY better offers and the big fights will happen unlike Piss poor K2

Spend that $15 million on Charlo, Andrade, Thurman if wins, Spence in a year or 2.let ESPN do a 30 for 30 about lil g and his sht resume...

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    This is rediculous. Manny and Floyd barely made 30 mil per fight. This fight isn't doing no 2 mil buys. 10-15 is a strong number. Canelo didn't even make that much vs cotto

No way is gg gonna get 10x his biggest pay day for this fight

Comment

• Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
                      You forgot revenues at the gate and endorsments...

Check these numbers then bring them down to levels of 1 million buys

Plus your mother called: she says she didn't raise you this way...
                      That PPV was $100 and those numbers are before cable providers and HBO took their cut.

Comment

Working...
                      X