I need to come out of the closet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to come out of the closet

I am no longer "Christian".

As a Christian, you have to believe every single story in the bible, because if you don't, then the story of the resurrection falls apart. If the resurrection falls apart then the whole thing unravels.

You're either all in or you're all out. Logic has stood in the way of me being 100% in.

I believe in a "god", but it's more of a collective conscious that is ever expanding. I do feel that there is some sort of a higher being/entity, but I think that's us.

We are all cocreators of reality and we need to keep each other up for the greater good of humanity.

I guess I'm agnostic? **** labels.

You will now burn in hell forever you filthy heathen.

Comment

i had a very difficult conversation about this with a good friend of mine, who funny enough turns out is on exactly the same page.

i almost felt ashamed to even admit this. but **** that.

christianity and the "church" are always making you feel ashamed. ashamed for drinking. ashamed for smoking weed. ashamed for listening to rap. ashamed for having a girlfriend. ashamed for ****ing. ashamed for not praying 10 times x day. the hypocrisy is too much to handle. enough feeling ashamed.

**** all that.

**** shame.

Comment

I believe in a higher power too but yeah religion is ****

Comment

You do not need to believe every story to believe in Christianity... The bible is a selected "best of"album essentially, not the 100% truth. Plus Jesus contradicts plenty of the old testament stories, purposefully.

The teachings of Jesus, besides the core message were always meant to be judged not in complete absolutes.
          Last edited by Rudyo; 10-31-2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
            You will now burn in hell forever you filthy heathen.
            lol

there is enough suffering in this world to believe this is "hell"

the bible says god made hell to house lucifer and the fallen angels. why open the roster to your creation which you love so much?

Comment

I wonder if Jesus was a slick bruvva

Comment

Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
                You do not need to believe every story to believe in Christianity... The bible is a selected "best of"album essentially, not the 100% truth. Plus Jesus contradicts plenty of the old testament stories, purposefully.

The teachings of Jesus, besides the core message were always meant to be judged in non absolute terms.
                GRANTED

there are some good stories in there in terms of morality. not knocking every verse in there, just in its entirety as a religion- no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rizkybizness View Post
                  GRANTED

there are some good stories in there in terms of morality. not knocking every verse in there, just in its entirety as a religion- no thanks.
                  I mean I'm not knocking ya, I was in catholic school til highschool so I always kind of believe in spite of me not believing all that much in the catholic church as a conduit to God.

I've been a full on atheist before, am now a sort of skeptical catholic again.. Only been back in the game, so to say for about 2 or 3 years though so I def can understand some skepticism.
                  Last edited by Rudyo; 10-31-2016, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rizkybizness View Post
                    I am no longer "Christian".

As a Christian, you have to believe every single story in the bible, because if you don't, then the story of the resurrection falls apart. If the resurrection falls apart then the whole thing unravels.

You're either all in or you're all out. Logic has stood in the way of me being 100% in.

I believe in a "god", but it's more of a collective conscious that is ever expanding. I do feel that there is some sort of a higher being/entity, but I think that's us.

We are all cocreators of reality and we need to keep each other up for the greater good of humanity.

I guess I'm agnostic? **** labels.
                    I dont know why you need to believe every word of it when clesrly tjere are metaphors,alot of them. If what you said is true tjen christians have to believe the toung earth bull**** that we christians also have to putbup with

Comment

Working...
                    X