Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jones Jr. Tells Abel, in his prime NOW he would destroy anybody in his roster!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
    very rarely do i wish for a guy to fail. im almost at that point with 3g just so his fans will stfu.
    I dont wish for any fighter to fail but its ridiculous how they hype this guy and he hasnt accomplished that much.

really roy jones and a heavyweight? this mfer wont even move to 168.

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
      What gets overlooked is that prime RJJ was a natural counter-puncher. Watch how he counters Virgil Hill's jab in their fight.
      imo jones is the best counter puncher ive ever seen, he could take any fighters best shot away

also countered in combination

he was a beast

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        I dont wish for any fighter to fail but its ridiculous how they hype this guy and he hasnt accomplished that much.

really roy jones and a heavyweight? this mfer wont even move to 168.
        its almost the greater good. 3g failing would make his fans reconsider anointing a guy king of the world without him actaully proving himself.

again, im almost at that point. boxing can never have too many legit badasses. hype jobs need to be weeded out.

Comment

its almost the greater good. 3g failing would make his fans reconsider anointing a guy king of the world without him actaully proving himself.

again, im almost at that point. boxing can never have too many legit badasses. hype jobs need to be weeded out.
          thats why I wait it out, before labeling a fighter this or that

GGG is highly unproven at the highest level......he shoudnt be mentioned in the same sentence as roy jones....they called this man reluctant roy (hbo, lampley, ring magazine, merchant)yet the same people hype up GGG

Comment

hypejobs get weeded out when they start facing top talent regularly

happened to paul williams and margarito, Lucas Mathhyssee....we'll never know how good he is fighting the level of competition he does

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
              Of course Tarver COULD have knocked out Roy, you're right. I actually meant to type WOULD, as I was asking you how likely you think it would have been.

No, Roy obviously wasn't in his prime when he'd come back down from HW at 35, after 50 fights. That was not the guy who'd beaten Toney and Hill etc. He'd slowed down a little.

I agree with you that GG doesn't have the frame that Roy had. That's true. He's small compared to Roy. He has a 70" reach, and I think he maxes out at SMW. I can't imagine him fighting at LHW and above. So that needs to be taken into account.

I don't like what's happened here, because you've got hardcore fans of GG who'll defend him at any cost and criticise Roy, and you've got some people who absolutely despise GG and Abel who'll do the exact opposite.

I can understand why Roy has said what he did, because he moved up himself, and he wants to see the best fight the best. But he's also got to appreciate that everyone's circumstances are different. Again, like you've noted, GG isn't as big, and there's still things for him to accomplish at MW first. So that needs to be respected. But all of this could have been avoided if Abel had acted differently. It was silly what he said about Roy, completely unecessary. But he wanted to protect his fighter, so I can understand the response. But all he had to do was to issue the following statement:

"We respect Roy's opinion, but we have things we want to accomplish at MW before we'll consider moving up"

That's what he should have said, and if he had've done, all this would have been avoided. But now both of them are on the defensive, and it will probably continue for a while. As a fan of both fighters, it's sad to read some of the comments.

Regarding Roy vs GG at MW, I respect your opinion, but I can't agree. Roy's unorthodox footwork was a thing of beauty. I honestly don't think GG could have cut the ring off like he has against all of his other opponents. Roy would have kept him in the centre of the ring, second guessing. Look how easy GG is to hit, and then look at Roy's athleticism, timing and reflexes. Look at his punch selection and his power. Go and watch his 2nd round knockout of Thomas Tate, he was decent and he'd gone the distance with Jackson. I just don't see how GG could have found Roy's chin. I don't think Roy would have been there to be hit. I think Roy would have won a decision and marked him up bad.
              This is an excellent post. Since 20% , maybe more, are finally catching up as to why we've been trolling and criticizing team GG for a while are the things they say...and some of us who don't eat old school WWF scripted fantasies don't want this sht in boxing. This is why Ward is absolutely correct about staying humble. People can criticize Alvarez all they want, that's fine. If they want to OVER PROTECT and justify every single BUSINESS justification for team GG then these same idiots need to apply it to other superstars.

It isn't the GG show which is why fighters like Alvarez ala Bowe could care less for K2 and Able's negotiating table. Back to being humble, for god's sake Alvarez never said a "south or north weight" was "easy" (154-168). You can't just act gangsta and then retract by fooling people "well when we are ready to move up) at 40?

I keep addressing karma. GG bandwagoners dont seem to get that the Conor and Rousey situation is bound to come. I believe in connected energy... just saying

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
                I am not doubting it, but its going to 12 rounds and Jones does not have a great chin. GGG may have never fought anyone like Jones, but nor did Jones fight anyone like GGG. A KO artist, and he is not a just a gun slinger, he is a excellent boxer with great timing, who imo will eventually find Jones's chin.
                I don't see why you think he'd eventually have found his chin.

Roy had incredible speed and reflexes, plus a 5" reach advantage.

GG has got great skills, but he eats shots and has little head movement.

Roy would have found him easily.

Look at some of the fighters who Roy fought throughout his career, who were skilful with bigger reaches than GG. Yet they could hardly hit him flush with anything huge.
                Last edited by robertzimmerman; 10-03-2016, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
                  You are thinking too simplistic. They might be bigger then GGG, but you are failing to take into account the angles and the connection of impact of the punches. Many of GGG sparring partners says he hits like a LHW.

Ruiz is one of the worst HW champions in recent history. GGG is a much better boxer then him. I would even favor GGG against him, stopping him, in fact.
                  Tarver was a very good boxer but i would still say GGG has the more talented offense.

If Jones makes it to the end of the 12, he wins, but i just dont think he will make it...
                  GG stopping John Ruiz?

Come on man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omair View Post
                    roy's china wouldnt even last 4 against GGG.
                    You really think GG would have found Roy's chin?

The version who stopped Thomas Tate in 5 mins?

I think not.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                      This is an excellent post. Since 20% , maybe more, are finally catching up as to why we've been trolling and criticizing team GG for a while are the things they say...and some of us who don't eat old school WWF scripted fantasies don't want this sht in boxing. This is why Ward is absolutely correct about staying humble. People can criticize Alvarez all they want, that's fine. If they want to OVER PROTECT and justify every single BUSINESS justification for team GG then these same idiots need to apply it to other superstars.

It isn't the GG show which is why fighters like Alvarez ala Bowe could care less for K2 and Able's negotiating table. Back to being humble, for god's sake Alvarez never said a "south or north weight" was "easy" (154-168). You can't just act gangsta and then retract by fooling people "well when we are ready to move up) at 40?

I keep addressing karma. GG bandwagoners dont seem to get that the Conor and Rousey situation is bound to come. I believe in connected energy... just saying
                      I'm a fan of both guys so I can see things from both sides of the table.

It's now becoming rare that you'll find an objective poster who doesn't have an agenda.

Comment

Working...
                      X