No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Knocks Out Liam Smith in Nine To Win WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
    Well I don't know because he's not fought the "elite" at the weight...I wouldn't put him A+ in any situation though lol.
    I put him A+ because the division F'N STINKs!!! That's why. And he beat the C fighters of them The only ones who rate better are Jacobs around solid B. Cotto because he beat the man at B+/A-, then Canelo A. With GGG top of the food change at MW ONLY. The divison SUKS when EX-139 lbers who are BOTH under 5'8" run the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Code Red View Post
      Why did Smith just stand in front of the Alvarez taking punches? I don't get why some fighters don't use their feet, move their head, Bob and weave, stick and move, he just stands in range taking punches.....
      that will be running, according to some experts in bscene

Comment

• Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
        NO. Canelo was just 23 y/o a couple of months before the fight. Too inexperienced, too naive. WAY LESS POWERFUL, skilled, fast and accurate than today. The Canelo of today would do what he did with Cotto, Lara, Trout, and now Smith. Absorb all of Floyd's pillow-fisted punches, get some oxygen in the ropes deliberately, attack him to the body relentlessly (WHICH NOBODY EXCEPT CASTILLO HAS EVER DONE to Floyd), take away his legs and then knock him out. Also, if they fought any time next year, say on cinco de Mayo, Floyd would be 40. Way slower, weaker and less accurate in his reflexes than when he fought Canelo, when Floyd was 37 (just a bit past his prime) and Canelo was 23 (way, WAY before his prime, which he hasn't even reached as of yet).

And don't forget that Canelo was drained to 152, so previous to the fight he was more concerned on making weight than on actually training and developing an intelligent strategy against such an extremely tricky and experienced super-defensive opponent.

I have no doubt whatsoever that, at 154, THIS CANELO would KO Floyd. None. His power, accuracy, precision and timing, boxing IQ, speed, defense, ring movement and general skills are totally different from the Canelo Floyd fought. This Canelo, if he fought himself as in his version vs. Floyd, would have massacred himself the same or worse than how he just dismantled this poor super-brave dude Liam Smith last night.
        I stop reading the first time you mentioned Lara, again, what did he did to the Cuban?

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Because that's what boxing casuals want. They don't want fighters to "Floyd". They want them to "Manny".
          I guess that's why he ended his night on the canvass....common sense should tell you not to stand in front of Canelo trading punches

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
            Canelo didn't drop to welter to fight Mayweather because their fight was a unification match (meaning they both held belts) at 154. And why drop to fight Pac when he's the bigger draw now? Pac got dropped by HBO for a reason. His fans have shifted their fervor to GGG. Check Pac's numbers against Vargas in November for further proof.
            The same way Canelo only drop 2 pound to fight Mayweather, they should only ask for GGG to drop 2 pounds. The Ring Magazine Middleweight Champion of the World vs the WBC, WBA, IBF, IBO Middleweight Champion of the World.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              Cmon, be realistic, Lemieux is a true middleweight, Cotto is small even for welter weight division.
              ROFL, just when i think the GGG fans couldnt be any stupider you guys surprise me everytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                The same way Canelo only drop 2 pound to fight Mayweather, they should only ask for GGG to drop 2 pounds. The Ring Magazine Middleweight Champion of the World vs the WBC, WBA, IBF, IBO Middleweight Champion of the World.
                I'm as anti-catchweight as anyone. But if a catchweight is necessary to make the fight a go, 2 pounds isn't bad. GGG typically comes in at 159, so one more pound shouldn't be that damaging.

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
                  I'm as anti-catchweight as anyone. But if a catchweight is necessary to make the fight a go, 2 pounds isn't bad. GGG typically comes in at 159, so one more pound shouldn't be that damaging.
                  The reasonable fight should be at 158 with a 60-40 in favor of Canelo, because he brings in more fans. I know GGG has more belts, but Canelo bring more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    That and let's see what the Doctors say about that right hand???

Comment

• Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      a crazy 64.99 USD
                      Red next time look for the non-HD broadcast. 10 bucks cheaper...

Comment

Working...
                      X