Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd: Ward can't sell tickets nowhere. When is Ward ever going to leave Oakland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is gonna make some of Floyd's illegitimate online children confused now

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      this is gonna make some of Floyd's illegitimate online children confused now
      Larry already lost his mind mak

Comment

Its a old ass statement & its not in its original context, but its not like its wrong then or now. Ward himself surely has to realize & know this. And yea sure if Ward wants the big bucks he gots to do more than win the fights. The reality is he's a guy with a un-entertaining style to most fans of the sport & that being the case he needs some sort of gimmick to put him over with fans outside of Oakland.

The gold medal stuff that Floyd mentioned is an interesting quote too. It does seem like Ward's gold medal is underappreciated by other boxers, fans & pundits.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          Listen to what Floyd really thinks about Ward when he was asked about him by Floydhype:

Floyd Mayweather: I sold out an arena in the Bay Area maybe 12 or 13 years ago. Listen, I don't know how many people exactly live in Oakland, but I love the fans in Oakland. Not knocking Andre Ward, but he can't sell tickets nowhere. He can't sell tickets in Las Vegas. This is the only guy I know that's a gold medalist, but don't nobody know he's a gold medalist. He's a gold medalist, but he's making money like he don't even got a medal. Like I said before, Andre Ward, he's a good fighter, but who knows him? If you're not in Oakland, you don't even know who he is. He's getting older and time is ticking, so I mean, when is he going to ever leave Oakland and put assess in seats somewhere else?

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14046.html

That was 3 years ago, but nothing has changed, it got even worse, since then Ward fought 3 nobodies, of course in Oakland and still barely sold any tickets and had terrible ratings.

People might think now that Kovalev gave him the chance to get into a huge fight, Ward will finally get out of his bitterness and negativity but Ward is already sabotaging the promotion for the fight, not showing up to the presser, cancelling the presale and not really giving a shit.

What is wrong with Andre Ward?
          Never believe what Floyd says. He fought Jesus Chavez in San Francisco because back then he couldnt find a spot in the US or even his own home town where he could sell tickets.

But truth is when Floyd fought in San Francisco that arena wasnt even half full.

Its funny when someone has success like floyd has these last few years dude becomes delusional and thinks it was always like that. SMDH

Comment

this article is old brothers, lets move on

Comment

Working...
            X