No announcement yet.

ESPN Ranks Floyd Mayweather As The Best Fighter Of The Last 25 Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
    Watch Floyd's recent fights vs Leonards fights from 35 to 40 years old for an objective comparison, oh right leonard was getting dismantled by norris and camacho.

Watch Floyd's recent fights vs Robinsons fights from 35 to retirement for an objective comparison, oh yeah robinson got 15 losses in that period.

I can go on and on. Basically asking people to watch Floyds last few fight at more than 36 years old and compare it to great fighters from the past is totally idiotics, intellectually fallacious and a subjective way to take down a fighter you obviously don't like.

Ask people to watch Floyd vs Corrales, Hatton, Gatti, etc... and then watch the other greats and maybe we can have an adult discussion.
    That, ladies and gentlemen, is what you call a "Boxing Lesson" good post!

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      In terms of fundamentals Hokpins is better than both of them, as is Finito Lopez.
      They have good fundamentals for their particular styles. But you can't say they have better fundamentals than Floyd as if it were a fact, that's just your opinion.

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Both Mayweather and Jones were able to do things because of athletic ability. Being able to rely on a pull counter, is not fundamentally sound boxing. That is relying on reflexes and is an unothodox skill.
      Actually the pull counter is listed in the Naval Institute Boxing manual from 1943 as one of the basic ways to defend against a jab. It's as fundamental as you can get.

Floyd did have great athletic ability obviously but that's what made him special, he was a great athlete who was also very sound technically.

Once Roy got old and his reflexes were no longer the same he wasn't able to be successful anymore. Floyd on the other hand continued to prove himself superior to everyone else even at almost 40 years old thanks to his fundamentals.

Comment

• Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
        He held Corralles? Gatti? Ndou? Mitchell, Bruseles, Chavez, Hernendaz???????? You guy's love talking about a past prime Floyd
        And who are those guys? That version of Mayweather is who I afored as a fighter. But again who are those guys?

At least you admit he excessively holds and runs against fighters that threaten him.

All you need is watch his fights

Left hook - press head diwn

Right straight - backhand push the head

Duck then hug

Comment

• Originally posted by sargo View Post
          And who are those guys? That version of Mayweather is who I afored as a fighter. But again who are those guys?

At least you admit he excessively holds and runs against fighters that threaten him.

All you need is watch his fights

Left hook - press head diwn

Right straight - backhand push the head

Duck then hug
          All you need is to watch the fight today it shows how good Floyd is , you just dont understand defensive genius , fighters that move up so many division do so because of the skills and power , Floyd did it because of ring general ship and little power but then you dont understand it so keep spinning your ignorance .

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            All you need is to watch the fight today it shows how good Floyd is , you just dont understand defensive genius , fighters that move up so many division do so because of the skills and power , Floyd did it because of ring general ship and little power but then you dont understand it so keep spinning your ignorance .
            I am not spinning you are. If he is as great as you think he is, why does he have to punch then hold or duck and hold? Yes more than the other great fighters do. Am I spinning? Isn't that a fact? Defensive genius to me is sweet pea and James Toney. What they do is not defensive genius?

Why not addess the issue for once instead of attacking the messenger.

Comment

• Look, there's so called "fighters of the decade" and then there's the best fighter of the last 25 years.

There's levels to this.

Comment

• If what Floyd does is so easy, why doesn't everyone do it?

Someone answer this.

From what I understand all he does is run and hug? Why isn't everyone following in his footsteps?

Comment

• Originally posted by sargo View Post
                  I am not spinning you are. If he is as great as you think he is, why does he have to punch then hold or duck and hold? Yes more than the other great fighters do. Am I spinning? Isn't that a fact? Defensive genius to me is sweet pea and James Toney. What they do is not defensive genius?

Why not addess the issue for once instead of attacking the messenger.
                  Youre just yapping like a kid that doesnt understand boxing and Floyd beat your hero so you hate him .

We understand we see the same sht in here every day , go and learn because Floyd does things above your comprehension , you sound like any idiot can shut down a boat load of superstars as Floyd did , it aint easy doing what he did to the fighters he did it to .

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                    If what Floyd does is so easy, why doesn't everyone do it?

Someone answer this.

From what I understand all he does is run and hug? Why isn't everyone following in his footsteps?
                    The only people that shlt talk floyds skills are fan boys. Never seen a boxer or trainer say he's not special. Except maybe Vic Ortiz lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Youre just yapping like a kid that doesnt understand boxing and Floyd beat your hero so you hate him .

We understand we see the same sht in here every day , go and learn because Floyd does things above your comprehension , you sound like any idiot can shut down a boat load of superstars as Floyd did , it aint easy doing what he did to the fighters he did it to .
                      Haha it is apparent you have nothing. I understand. That is why to you punch and hold and duck and hold are genius moves. Why doesn't everyone do it? Not everyone does low blows habitually like Golota. Not everyone headbutts as part of their game. Was that even a serious question?

Comment

Working...
                      X