Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    People bash him because Mayweather best him for the welterweight title

If baldo was such a bad fighter he wouldn't have got as far as he did

Someone posted that got me thinking....he does have a better resume than GGG

Come to think of it baldo at least won the lineal ww title.... PAC man been at 147 since 2008 and he is just now fighting the number 1 guy

That's kinda bad considering how his fanatics inflate his ww exploits

You logic is warped.

Only in your little world does it make sense to compare fighters by the numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by mastertech1985 View Post
      Baldomir was the champion and Judah was the former champion and number one contender.....their contract was signed before Judah even lost to Baldo

Mayweather was fighting Judah anyway....its Judah's fault he lost

So mayweather went after the champion....who was the lineal champion who had the more prestigious belt as well and made more money than fighting Margarito for a WBO trinket and Margo lost to Paul Williams killed his momentum.

now in 2007....Mayweather was free

Mayweather left Top Rank.....he was chasing DLH since his days at 130....would you fight Margarito for pennys and a trinket.....or fight the cash cow of your era and enhance your legacy

after that he faced Hatton who he wanted to fight since 2004 in another blockbuster....both were prime and undefeated and multi-weight champions/titlists.......their is no way you can argue that fighting Margarito made more sense than fighting them at that time

In 2006-2007 Margarito had no name, no following and lost to Paul Williams, wasn't the lineal champion, didn't bring big doe to the table or anything....he was a good fighter but that bull Arum claiming Margo was the most feared was crap then and crap now

OSCAR at 154 was a more dangerous fight than Margo at 147 in 2007....made more money and enhanced his legacy Oscar>Margo
      basically everything you said was wrong. he fought mitchell for 4 million instead of marg for 7 million so how did he not bring any dough? the judah contract was contingent on judah beating baldomir, he didn't so the contract was void, they made another contract after judah lost.

You keep straw-manning and saying it was either oscar or marg. Like that was the only time he could have fought marg? marg was ranked #1 for more than 4 years. He had plenty of opportunities as i've just pointed out and floyd also retired when the division was hot.

maybe you are just a clueless floyd fan but the truth is the truth and saying floyd fought better fighters at some point in his career to excuse a duck is just pathetic. just admit he didn't want to fight margarito, doesn't mean he sucks it just means he didn't want to fight him.if cotto doesn't fight ggg can he just say well i fought pac and floyd already so how can i be ducking now?

Comment

Balderthal had one of the greatest chins of his era, outside of taking a dive against Canelo Alvarez. (Like we really believe Alvarez has the type of power to KO the Thal while wearing Winning Gloves, when he isn't putting Trout, or Angulo to sleep wearing Grants.) He ate some good shots from Judah, and ate some bombs from a 154 pound Forrest for 12 rounds. Anybody who had Baldomir in front of them, knew they were going to get rounds in.

Clottey being DQ'd against Balderthal was bull****. He was handling him and in control of the fight.

Comment

Baldomir got my respect as a fighter and a champion....nothing you say can change that

Yet another thread turns into another Mayweather bash fest

I think some posters think they are getting paid for this

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            basically everything you said was wrong. he fought mitchell for 4 million instead of marg for 7 million so how did he not bring any dough? the judah contract was contingent on judah beating baldomir, he didn't so the contract was void, they made another contract after judah lost.

You keep straw-manning and saying it was either oscar or marg. Like that was the only time he could have fought marg? marg was ranked #1 for more than 4 years. He had plenty of opportunities as i've just pointed out and floyd also retired when the division was hot.

maybe you are just a clueless floyd fan but the truth is the truth and saying floyd fought better fighters at some point in his career to excuse a duck is just pathetic. just admit he didn't want to fight margarito, doesn't mean he sucks it just means he didn't want to fight him.if cotto doesn't fight ggg can he just say well i fought pac and floyd already so how can i be ducking now?
            you can call me what you want.....if you feel Mayweather ducked Margo, that's just an opinion

The facts are he has fought more accomplished fighters than Margarito before and after he first move up to 147

let it go...so what he didn't face Margo....he is fighting Manny next month

Manny just fought chris freaking algeiri who isn't even a top 1000 welterweight and nobody is crying about it

Comment

Baldomir got my respect as a fighter and a champion....nothing you say can change that

I think some posters think they are getting paid for this
              Actually it was a Floyd fan that tried to bring up Baldomir by bashing Manny that started all this. Just letting you know.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                Actually it was a Floyd fan that tried to bring up Baldomir by bashing Manny that started all this. Just letting you know.
                Well damn

Kinda sad

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  Well damn

Kinda sad
                  I think we found the guilty one. They always come back to the scene of the crime!

Comment

Now this pedophile is sitting in an Argentinian prison going 12 rounds with a cockkmeat sandwich. Good riddance.

Comment

The revisionists of history are back at it again.

Baldomir was an over achiever. Didn't do nothing particularly outstanding but he head decent basic skills, chin and stamina.

Some how he found his grove, peak or what ever it was and was on a legit roll. He actually wanted to fight Mayweather because he thought that he could beat him.

He gets too much flak because of that fight.

Baldomir was the type of fighter that you thought that he was going to loose every time he stepped up and for some reason he kept winning. I had no issues when he fought Floyd because he earned it the same way Guerrero earned the opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                      X