Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Cotto deserve more credit? He made Floyd look old.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its pretty simple actually cotto has a great jab and that is the one punch that will always land against money.

Comment

Cotto is just better than anyone Floyd has fought in a while. It's always easy to look better against lesser fighters. The size of Cotto makes no difference to me. It's his timing and skill that won him 4 rounds and made Floyd work.

Aside from Marquez who just doesn't have the style to be competitive with Floyd, Cotto and Oscar are far and away the best fighters Floyd has fought since 135. It's no surprise they made him break a sweat.

Comment

Floyd said before this fight that he got hit more than normal in the Cotto fight because they had somewhat neglected defense in training for Cotto, and that leading up to this fight his father put more emphasis on defense. He stuck to the game plan, and besides that, as some others have said, Cotto is future HOF.

Comment

Oh yeah... Floyd clearly let Cotto break his nose >_>

Comment

Some of you cats are delusional. I'm no floyd fan but my hat is off to him, he whooped guerrero.

That whole "neglected defense" argument is just more bs. A boxer with floyds skills does his craft in his sleep. So yall need to get out of here with that bs. All the selective posting and fanatism is unreal. How can Floyd be the kind of fighter that adjusts on the fly, but allmof a sudden when he gets b1tchslapped all night with jabs by Cotto, he all of a sudden disregarded his D in camp. Wait, I know, floydie ihas always been an offensive force and isn't naturally a defensive fighter. His shoulder roll is a front for his offendive elbow, I see.

No one can dipute that he beat Cotto, but to undermine that he gave Floyd his hardest fight since the Castillo I scrap, is crazy. That being said,, floyd humbling guerrero the way he did, has just risen Cotto's stock, hence the chatter now.

Now we all wait for more floyd drama to unfold untill his next fight.

Comment

Working...
            X