No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins: I Will Retire Don King With Cloud Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
    ppl have their OWN eyes...if ppl saw B.Hop win the fight you or nobody else is gonna change it...why do you think Calzaghe won?...I hope you're gonna say that you WATCHED the fight with your eyes and not your ears

french fries with mayo looks disgusting but I know many ppl who think it looks yummy...everybody don't see things the same my dude...welcome to the real world!!
    True but neither you or myself were in there taking the punches so we wouldn't know how it is. However, looking at what the people at ringside and HBO said they knew joe won. All the stats proved joe landed more and was busier. Look at the post above. If I thought Bradley beat pacman doesn't mean it actually happened.

Ps French fried with mayo is delicious, you should try it.
    Last edited by LacedUp; 01-22-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

LOL bhop can talk the talk...I hope he pulls it off. Cloud got fight in him. Just dont know if Bhops style is gonna take that fight outta him.

Comment

Wow Bernard suddenly made me interested in this fight lol

Loving the comment about Dons jacket

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
          I'd love BHOP to produce a masterclass ala Pavlik on Cloud and then retire.

Nothing left for him to prove.
          I disagree. There was nothing to prove years ago, so that's not the issue. This is all icing on the cake, and inventing his own 'calling card' in Boxing as an old cagey guy who just won't go away. I say he should keep doing it till age 50 providing he doesn't get beat up.

Cherry picking and ducking certain match-up's is allowed. One win here, unifying against Cleverly, and perhaps ducking Dawson till he losses his WBC, Something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
            King is already pretty much a non factor these days
            it's been a while since King was really the man in boxing
            don't care about that really, but want Cloud punished for robbing Campillo
            and Hopkins looked horrible in the Dawson fight
            he's finally letting his age show, and he needs 1 more win to retire on
            the Cleverly fight sounded good, but this one is even better
            I disagree with your premise. He didn't look horrible against Dawson. The fact that he still made it close on points and didn't allow Dawson to truly outbox him shows that he still has something.

We've got to give credit to Dawson, after all he is NO Pavlik or even Pascal stylistically (Ftw Triangle theories).

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              Wow - ok more bhop lovers on here than I thought. He landed shyte on joe. Joe was busier & landed more. Had a higher % in every category throughout the fight. So give me a break with all that. There were rounds where bhop didn't even land a single jab/power shot. Check out the compubox stats and say bhop landed more:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...s-joe-calzaghe

Say something else. Just because you like bhop and he's a legend does t mean he won. But because he was arguing with the decision people buy into it. Everyone knew Joe had won.
              Calzaghe's entire repertoire that night pretty much consisted of this:

photo SlappyJoe.gif

Comment

True but neither you or myself were in there taking the punches so we wouldn't know how it is. However, looking at what the people at ringside and HBO said they knew joe won. All the stats proved joe landed more and was busier. Look at the post above. If I thought Bradley beat pacman doesn't mean it actually happened.

compubox....oh my. those stats are flat out wrong and have been proven wrong by several different people who actually counted punches including myself. hopkins outlanded calzaghe by a wide margin in most of the rounds. calzaghe was missing. you are either remaining ignorant on purpose or you are not very observant if you seriously think calzaghe was landing and hopkins wasn't. you should give credit to hopkins for having great defense(an actual scoring criteria) rather than calzaghe for missing(a bad thing)

as for people knowing calzaghe won..

"I can't get my head around the fact that Calzaghe has won that fight. A very strange decision."
                BBC Sport's Ben Dirs

Some experts disagree with me but I think Hopkins has this. Like I said before, I hope I'm wrong.
                Alex Trickett BBC Sport

yahoo, espn, and ap also scored it for hopkins

hbo said calzaghe won because they already had jones-calzaghe ppv in the pipeline. they obviously had a conflict of interest and it showed by pretending and influencing the people watching into thinking calzaghe was landing and ignoring hopkins counters.
                Last edited by daggum; 01-22-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I agree with this. Hopkins' post-fight press conference statement was that his sister slaps harder than Joe Calzaghe did. He didn't have one mark on his face compared to Joe, who did. So I will take his word for it.

Lets face it, Joe Calzaghe fights like a queer punching his way out of spiderwebs. Observational fact.

Comment

Daggum, since his 'Favorite Fighters List' in his signature consists of Mikkel Kessler, David Haye,Amir Khan, Carl Froch and David Price - all Non-American, European fighters, perhaps it's safe to assume that he is a bit biased.

Comment

I think Hopkins is going to completely outclass Cloud.

Comment

Working...
                      X