No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez : "I'm number 2 P4P behind Floyd, Pacquiao is not top 5"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
    pac's win against bradley > anything sergio has done since beating paul williams..
    But you can't give Pac credit for a fight he lost. Thats the same as someone penalizing him for "beating" JMM. Shouldn't the official decision be a factor in determining this?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Ward
      Dawson
      B-hop
      Floyd
      Martinez
      Marquez
      Dawson
      Vitali
      Moreno
      Donaire
      Lara
      Chavez
      Trout
      Mikey
      And many more all beat him if they were the same size. The real meaning of pfp, not your little popularity contest.
      wtf...so you think guys like mikey, trout,chavez jr, vitali and even chad dawson and current bhop would beat pac if they were the same size? i doubt that...126 pac would have demolished 126 garcia. probably the only guys on that list that i'd give a chance at beating pac are donaire (if at the same size), moreno(if at the same size), martinez (if at the same size), floyd and marquez...

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
        ......... at the exact same time pac turned 32 and is when most top level athetes performances usually decline

especially in as many wars as pac has been.

The fact that he just beat Bradley, An undefeated hungry in his prime world champion is in itself a great achievement.
        Uh, when did this happen?

Comment

Dont know where Manny is, but he's sure as hell not #1. And any writer that has him there is a damn fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            But you can't give Pac credit for a fight he lost. Thats the same as someone penalizing him for "beating" JMM. Shouldn't the official decision be a factor in determining this?
            well imo and in the opinion of others in boxing it should have been a win...so that win trumps anything sergio has done since paul williams. in fact i don't consider martinez's wins since paul williams to be any better than donaire's wins since montiel. i do agree that pac's performance against marquez should have put him down a bit in the rankings, but his performance against a young undefeated fighter like bradley should have brought him back up/redeemed himself imo.

Comment

wtf...so you think guys like mikey, trout,chavez jr, vitali and even chad dawson and current bhop would beat pac if they were the same size? i doubt that...126 pac would have demolished 126 garcia. probably the only guys on that list that i'd give a chance at beating pac are donaire (if at the same size), moreno(if at the same size), martinez (if at the same size), floyd and marquez...
              I find the bold worrysome. That is the meaning of pfp homey. So I'm not sure why you would put it in quotation. That's what pfp by definition means. If fighter were the same size. Pfp is simply used as a promotional tool & popularity contest right now.

Comment

well imo and in the opinion of others in boxing it should have been a win...so that win trumps anything sergio has done since paul williams. in fact i don't consider martinez's wins since paul williams to be any better than donaire's wins since montiel. i do agree that pac's performance against marquez should have put him down a bit in the rankings, but his performance against a young undefeated fighter like bradley should have brought him back up/redeemed himself imo.
                Opinions tend to be biased. Thats why I'm suggesting going with official results, even if your results are different, for the purposes of p4p status.

But Bradley's age and record don't make him better than JMM. So if Manny fell because of the JMM fight, the bradley performance can't be enough to bring him back to the same level.

If we go by official results, I'd still favor manny over sergio.

Comment

Seriously, with all the losing of fantasy fights and always losing when compared to Mayweather. Manny doesn't even get much respect from his peers.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                    You can't be number 2 with Martinez's recent fight history.
                    u mean facing adversity in TWO fights in a row, rising to the occasion, and elevvating to the next lvl to KO his opponents, making them pay for pushing him, TWO fights in a row??? Sergio is AMAZING for doing it two fights in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                      isn't p4p lists all opinion based anyways..but I think pac's performance (and should have been a win) against a guy who wasn't just younger and undefeated but considered one of the best at 140 if not the best was enough to redeem himself. the pac vs marquez fight i thought was close like many other boxing journalists saw and so i don't think that fight hurt him alot, but it did take away some luster of course. that's just my opinion...
                      Thats just it, in his last 2 fights he had a LW and a JWW move up to fight him. Officially, he won and lost. In "opinion land" he lost and won. Either scenario he lost to a smaller guy he was a huge favorite over.

I'm just hpoing that even if we are just giving opinions, that those opinions are reached using some similar measurement.

Comment

Working...
                      X