No announcement yet.

Turning 30 Years of Age, A Wake Up Call For Many People

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning 30 Years of Age, A Wake Up Call For Many People

You bull**** through all of your 20's thinking you are going to be rich before you are 30 and then 30 hits and you are still living at home with your parents working a menial job driving a 2001 honda civic with an augmented exhaust that screams I'm broke whenever you pass even a meager establishment.

They say 30 is a turning point for many people since the age is such a milestone in terms of where a person expects to be in life. A lot of people do drastic things at the turn of their third decade, like get married, buy a house, finally invest in that business they have been threatening of doing for the past 5 years, etc...

Did you guys experience similar feelings when the big 3-0 was around the corner? Or did you continue on with what you were doing when you still had a 2 in front of your age?

I started taking better care of myself. I started boxing and MMA at 31.

I'd moved out of the parent's house at 21 and lived with my gf, and I already had nice cars. I got married a few years later.

Comment

Im 4 years away and honestly the **** scares me

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
        Im 4 years away and honestly the **** scares me
        If it scares you then you’re definitely not living your life. One of my buddies says that he “celebrates his birthday everyday”. I love that saying.

I can’t wait to get older every single year. “The good old days weren’t always good and tomorrow ain’t as bad as it seems.”

Every year make sure you’re gaining more and more independence.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          You bull**** through all of your 20's thinking you are going to be rich before you are 30 and then 30 hits and you are still living at home with your parents working a menial job driving a 2001 honda civic with an augmented exhaust that screams I'm broke whenever you pass even a meager establishment.

They say 30 is a turning point for many people since the age is such a milestone in terms of where a person expects to be in life. A lot of people do drastic things at the turn of their third decade, like get married, buy a house, finally invest in that business they have been threatening of doing for the past 5 years, etc...

Did you guys experience similar feelings when the big 3-0 was around the corner? Or did you continue on with what you were doing when you still had a 2 in front of your age?
          Dayuuuum, so you are still using tech my generation created...social media a byproduct of what my generation created what's in your wallet young man????

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            I started taking better care of myself. I started boxing and MMA at 31.

I'd moved out of the parent's house at 21 and lived with my gf, and I already had nice cars. I got married a few years later.
            at

I got discarded at 16

Comment

I made my change when I was 24 or so. I just turned 31 in October, and am now and reaping the benefits of working two jobs and going to school through my mid-late 20s. Great job, nice pad, never have to worry about bills, get to travel a lot, etc. I made a conscious decision to sacrifice while my friends were doing **** like partying every day, moving across the country for a couple years, touring around with bands, etc in order to be all set in my 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                If it scares you then you’re definitely not living your life. One of my buddies says that he “celebrates his birthday everyday”. I love that saying.

I can’t wait to get older every single year. “The good old days weren’t always good and tomorrow ain’t as bad as it seems.”

Every year make sure you’re gaining more and more independence.
                But what if I end up like Lou Cipher?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                  But what if I end up like Lou Cipher?
                  You must be out of your mind. You dont have the charisma, wit, charm, testosterone count, personal hygiene, physical conditioning, intelligence, penile length and girth, machismo, non-receding hairline or IQ to ever be in the same league Lou Cipher.

Comment

Early thirties should be prime of your life. Unless you are like many American males today who still live in their mom's basement smoking weed and playing video games all day while beating off to amateur ****. I sense you have a good head on your shoulders, so no need to worry. Still young, too young to be taking inventory of your life and worrying about getting old. Just don't squander your time.

Comment

Working...
                    X